MetalworkingFun Forum
Let's See Your Lathe - Printable Version

+- MetalworkingFun Forum (http://www.metalworkingfun.com)
+-- Forum: Machinery (http://www.metalworkingfun.com/forum-10.html)
+--- Forum: Lathes (http://www.metalworkingfun.com/forum-11.html)
+--- Thread: Let's See Your Lathe (/thread-15.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31

RE: Let's See Your Lathe - zmotorsports - 11-23-2015

Russ, that is a very impressive lineup of machines.

Thanks for sharing and giving us an overview of them.

Mike.

RE: Let's See Your Lathe - DanH - 04-06-2016

Haven't posted here in a while but here's my new PM1340GT lathe with the stand I built for it. It's 3ph with a VFD and has  2 axis DRO. Checks all of the boxes for what I wanted in a lathe.

[attachment=13100]

RE: Let's See Your Lathe - EdK - 04-06-2016

Nice choice Dan. Thumbsup

Ed

RE: Let's See Your Lathe - Greebles - 06-30-2016

This photo is a few years old. I took it just after getting it put into place.

[Image: G0752_zpsr1btfnxe.jpg]

RE: Let's See Your Lathe - zmotorsports - 07-01-2016

(04-06-2016, 10:25 AM)DanH Wrote: Haven't posted here in a while but here's my new PM1340GT lathe with the stand I built for it. It's 3ph with a VFD and has  2 axis DRO. Checks all of the boxes for what I wanted in a lathe.

Nice Dan. I am still going to fab me up a stand like that for mine. Not necessarily because I am having any vibration or rigidity issues as mine is rock solid and stable, but I am flat out of storage space and there is a ton of wasted space in between those two end cabinets on my OEM stand. I needs more drawers for tooling and a stand like yours fits the bill.

Very nice setup.

Mike.

RE: Let's See Your Lathe - Mike E. - 09-10-2016

Some nice lathes here for sure.  Here is a photo of my recently acquired Boxford AUD.  I'm the second owner of this vintage machine, which had been storage for many years and is in remarkably fine condition.  The former owner was a model engineer and only used it for home hobby use, which is my intent also, as I'm just an amateur home shop machinist. This is the fifth lathe I've had over the years.  Presently the Boxford is in storage along with my other shop equipment until the new garage / workshop is built.  I've also been fortunate to purchase a number of optional accessories, including an original Boxford tool post grinder.

RE: Let's See Your Lathe - EdK - 09-10-2016

Nice lathe Mike. Thumbsup

Ed

RE: Let's See Your Lathe - Dr Stan - 09-10-2016

Excellent find as IMHO Boxfords are one of the best, if not the best, lathe in its size category.  Visited the Denford facility probably 20 or so years ago and was very impressed.

RE: Let's See Your Lathe - Mike E. - 09-10-2016

They are impressive for they're size, and weigh in at around 600 lbs. It was a bear to move, and took three of us to get it into my van. I had been looking for a long bed version, but this one was within a half hour drive of our UK home so I went to check it out. The lathe came with a lot of tooling, and was in such good condition that I couldn't pass it up; the price was also quite reasonable. The lathe has an imperial gear box, but I've also got change gears for metric threading.

RE: Let's See Your Lathe - TomG - 09-10-2016

It is a cute little lathe, Mike (Can I say that?). My favorite lathes have always had integral cabinets, South Bend, Clausing, Hardinge, etc .

Did you get any tooling with it?

Tom