MetalworkingFun Forum
Timber Framing Saw - Printable Version

+- MetalworkingFun Forum (http://www.metalworkingfun.com)
+-- Forum: Machining (http://www.metalworkingfun.com/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: Projects (http://www.metalworkingfun.com/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: Timber Framing Saw (/thread-1687.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

RE: Timber Framing Saw - DaveH - 09-15-2013

Wow, that is impressive Thumbsup Smiley-signs107
Smiley-eatdrink004
DaveH

RE: Timber Framing Saw - stevec - 09-15-2013

"Guess you won't be binging the casing above the ground.
How deep is the line? Looks shallow, you must not get much frost, driveways usually freeze deep with no snow cover.
"

Greg, the line isn't very deep, maybe 2 feet. It was well insulated on top and has been functional for around 20 years so, hopefully, it'll continue for another 20 or so. It doesn't get really cold here and there are often mild periods. The only real problem with winter here is the snow is wet and heavy so hard to blow & plow.
I have to make a pit with a manhole type cover for the casing.
I did extend the casing by welding on 3+/- foot extension.

RE: Timber Framing Saw - f350ca - 09-17-2013

Cut the rafters and started installing them.

[Image: IMG_0777.jpg]

RE: Timber Framing Saw - TomG - 09-17-2013

Looking good Greg. I assume it's gonna be a dirt floor for a blacksmith shop, what are you going to use to make it easy to walk on?

Tom

RE: Timber Framing Saw - f350ca - 09-17-2013

Well, blacksmith shop/ foundry/ welding/ grinding/ etc/ hope to get some of the dirty work out of the main shop. So will probably pour a cement floor to make it easier to roll the welder and other equipment out there. Will make a gravel pad outside the doors where I can pour.

RE: Timber Framing Saw - f350ca - 09-19-2013

Finished up the roof deck. Will put the cedar shingles on the wall above this before laying the very slippery steel roofing.
[Image: IMG_0779.jpg]

RE: Timber Framing Saw - dallen - 09-19-2013

where's the couch and beer cooler at PopcornPopcorn5176

nice job but why does it look like the post are setting half way off the footings

RE: Timber Framing Saw - TomG - 09-19-2013

It's coming together nicely Greg.

Are you going to cut a door in the wall (so you can get to the beer cooler).

Tom

RE: Timber Framing Saw - f350ca - 09-19-2013

(09-19-2013, 07:26 PM)dallen Wrote: where's the couch and beer cooler at PopcornPopcorn5176

nice job but why does it look like the post are setting half way off the footings

Thats because they are only hitting half the footing. When I was backfilling the sono tubes they tilted toward the building. No way to dig them out without destroying the empty tube so they got poured that way. Once the floor is poured the piers will be locked in place and the rest of the column supported.

An planning on putting a door where the right window is. Will be able to roll the welder out there to help keep the smoke and grit out of the shop.

RE: Timber Framing Saw - f350ca - 09-27-2013

One more wall of the shop shingled and soffit and facia installed.
Waiting for the steel roofing that was to be here today.

[Image: IMG_0785.jpg]