MetalworkingFun Forum
Setting Up My PM935 Mill - Printable Version

+- MetalworkingFun Forum (http://www.metalworkingfun.com)
+-- Forum: Machinery (http://www.metalworkingfun.com/forum-10.html)
+--- Forum: Milling Machines (http://www.metalworkingfun.com/forum-12.html)
+--- Thread: Setting Up My PM935 Mill (/thread-2981.html)

RE: Looking At A Bigger Mill - zmotorsports - 09-04-2015

(09-04-2015, 08:32 AM)EdK Wrote:
(09-04-2015, 07:48 AM)zmotorsports Wrote: Ed, your slackin'.  I don't see the new addition in your signature yet. Big Grin

Mike.

Oops! Busted!  Blush

Ed

There ya go. Good on ya. Thumbsup

Mike.

RE: Looking At A Bigger Mill - EdK - 09-04-2015

It seems like it always takes at least twice as long to do a project than I estimate so I didn't get nearly as much done today as I wanted to.  Bash

But I'm still on track for the test run on Monday so I'm not going to sweat it, literally since it's so hot and humid right now.

Ed

Board all wired up as far as I can go with it.

[attachment=11711]

Those 4 terminals have 220VAC on them so I attached a piece of plastic in front of them as a guard and also cut a piece to form a right angle at the top so nothing can fall on them from above since the board will be attached to the wall. That piece of key stock is holding it in place while the silicon rubber sealant adhesive dries.

[attachment=11712]

Next I have to make these panels which hold the switches and potentiometer.

[attachment=11713]  [attachment=11714]

[attachment=11715]

RE: Looking At A Bigger Mill - EdK - 09-06-2015

Got the control box ready to be wired up. It was a "not so quick but dirty" project since it's temporary until the mill is transported to the basement and all set up and the real deal gets built. This box is made from some wood I had laying around so it ain't pretty, but is functional, or at least will be once it's wired up. The front panels are made from some 1/8" steel I also had laying around.

Ed

[attachment=11750]  [attachment=11751]

This is the "real deal".

[attachment=11752]  [attachment=11753]

RE: Looking At A Bigger Mill - Highpower - 09-06-2015

Rotfl  Rotfl   Rotfl 

I looked at your boxes and was going to ask "Hey! Where's the MachTach!!??"   Chin 

And then I looked at the drawings.....   Slaphead

RE: Looking At A Bigger Mill - EdK - 09-06-2015

The control box is mostly wired up. I've had it for the day so I'll finish it up tomorrow. Time for some dinner and a cold one, or two. 5176

Ed

RE: Looking At A Bigger Mill - Mayhem - 09-07-2015

That looks more professional than some of the 'test' controllers that I have made over the years [attachment=11755]

I look forward to hearing the report (or seeing a video) and subsequently seeing the final control box.  I'm so glad that I have 3 phase coming out of the wall.

RE: Looking At A Bigger Mill - Highpower - 09-07-2015

(09-07-2015, 05:47 AM)Mayhem Wrote: I'm so glad that I have 3 phase coming out of the wall.

Sounds really dangerous.  I'm glad mine only comes out of 3 WIRES......   Tongue

RE: Looking At A Bigger Mill - stevec - 09-07-2015

Actually, it comes out and goes back in 50 or 60 times a second (if it's AC). Slaphead

Steve

Smiley-eatdrink004

RE: Looking At A Bigger Mill - Highpower - 09-07-2015

touché Steve....   Big Grin 

But let me ask you a question. If it comes in, and then goes right back out again - then why do I still have to pay for it?   Rotfl

RE: Looking At A Bigger Mill - EdK - 09-07-2015

The test run didn't happen today. Family stuff and lawn maintenance got in the way, but that's OK. I got the plastic pulled off and the head turned up so it actually looks like a mill now. I'm liking what I see, a lot.  Drool

I'm pretty sure after I got done staring at her for a while, I was sporting a tremendous woody.

Ed

[attachment=11756]  [attachment=11757]

Don't need the switch so I removed it. You don't want a switch between the VFD output and the motor.  Smiley-nono

[attachment=11758]  [attachment=11759]