MetalworkingFun Forum
Setting Up My PM935 Mill - Printable Version

+- MetalworkingFun Forum (http://www.metalworkingfun.com)
+-- Forum: Machinery (http://www.metalworkingfun.com/forum-10.html)
+--- Forum: Milling Machines (http://www.metalworkingfun.com/forum-12.html)
+--- Thread: Setting Up My PM935 Mill (/thread-2981.html)

RE: Looking At A Bigger Mill - EdK - 09-19-2015

I've got a few holes to drill.

Ed

[attachment=11844]  [attachment=11843]

RE: Looking At A Bigger Mill - dallen - 09-19-2015

box didn't come with a back plate ?, any provisions for air flow thru the box ?

RE: Looking At A Bigger Mill - EdK - 09-19-2015

(09-19-2015, 04:18 PM)dallen Wrote: box didn't come with a back plate ?, any provisions for air flow thru the box ?

David,

No, it didn't come with a back plate. I'll need to make some spacers to space it off of the wall to allow for the screw heads on the back side. Not a big deal. There are no provisions for air flow. I'm installing a fan inside the box to blow air across the VFD so I'll need to cut two fairly large sized holes to accommodate the air intake and exhaust. I did the same thing for the VFD box for my bench top mill. Although that box is plastic and this one is fairly thick metal so it's going to be a chore.  Sweat

Ed

RE: Looking At A Bigger Mill - EdK - 10-05-2015

Just so you don't think I'm sloughing off, here are a few pictures. I'm ending up having to rearrange the shop space for the new mill. I had originally laid it out for my bench-top mill but that arrangement isn't going to work for the new mill. I've been cleaning and purging lots of stuff from the basement to make room. I should have purged a lot of the stuff a long time ago. Oh well, it's getting done now.  Sweat

I'm about ready to run the wiring for powering the mill. I still have some cleaning/rearranging/purging to do but my goal is to have all of that done by next weekend so I can start to concentrate on the dis-assembly of the mill. We'll see if I reach my goal since work has me exhausted most days.

Ed

The layout including the bench-top mill.

[attachment=11906]

The new layout.

[attachment=11907]

Where the lathe is currently located. You can see I still have some rearranging to do.

[attachment=11908]

Where it will move to. Those shelves have to come down.

[attachment=11909]

The shop area.

[attachment=11910]

RE: Looking At A Bigger Mill - arvidj - 10-05-2015

Well I think you should move the workbench, desk and tool grinder just so they don't feel left out   Big Grin

RE: Looking At A Bigger Mill - EdK - 10-05-2015

The workbench grew by 6" so that's a good thing. Big Grin

Ed

RE: Looking At A Bigger Mill - Mayhem - 10-06-2015

I'm doing exactly the same thing at the moment Ed, as I am about to take delivery of a two post clear floor vehicle hoist. Whilst doing the scale drawing and moving things around the computer screen is great, I still have issues looking at the space in 2D and then in 3D.

RE: Looking At A Bigger Mill - Highpower - 10-06-2015

What is that thing at the bottom of all your pictures Ed? 17428

Is that what people refer to as a "floor"? Chin Blush

RE: Looking At A Bigger Mill - EdK - 10-06-2015

(10-06-2015, 11:49 AM)Highpower Wrote: What is that thing at the bottom of all your pictures Ed?   17428

Is that what people refer to as a "floor"?  Chin   Blush

It's a cementitious surface so it must be the floor.  Happyyes
So that's what they look like.  Chin

Ed

RE: Looking At A Bigger Mill - Highpower - 10-07-2015

(10-06-2015, 12:46 PM)EdK Wrote: So that's what they look like.  Chin

Ed

My thought exactly... Blush