MetalworkingFun Forum
Setting Up My PM935 Mill - Printable Version

+- MetalworkingFun Forum (http://www.metalworkingfun.com)
+-- Forum: Machinery (http://www.metalworkingfun.com/forum-10.html)
+--- Forum: Milling Machines (http://www.metalworkingfun.com/forum-12.html)
+--- Thread: Setting Up My PM935 Mill (/thread-2981.html)

RE: Looking At A Bigger Mill - arvidj - 11-02-2015

Ed, you're going about this all wrong. Simply take your magic chalk, draw a "workshop addition goes here" along the bottom of an outside wall, call a contractor and a banker and be done with it.

But putting the press in the garage might also work.

RE: Looking At A Bigger Mill - EdK - 11-02-2015

(11-02-2015, 07:52 PM)arvidj Wrote: Ed, you're going about this all wrong. Simply take your magic chalk, draw a "workshop addition goes here" along the bottom of an outside wall, call a contractor and a banker and be done with it.

But putting the press in the garage might also work.

Rotfl

Actually, I'm going to intrude on the "Living Space". Who the hell needs a "Living Space" in the basement when shop space it at a premium?  Big Grin

Ed

RE: Looking At A Bigger Mill - Mayhem - 11-03-2015

(11-02-2015, 08:07 PM)EdK Wrote: ...Who the hell needs a "Living Space" in the basement when shop space it at a premium? Big Grin

Ed

Finally you have come to your senses. You could always buy a few throw cushions if you like. You machines are that clean that they are unlikely to get dirty.

RE: Looking At A Bigger Mill - EdK - 11-03-2015

(11-03-2015, 06:35 AM)Mayhem Wrote: Finally you have come to your senses.  You could always buy a few throw cushions if you like.  You machines are that clean that they are unlikely to get dirty.

Actually, all I need room for down there is my old TV and an easy chair for during the hot, humid months of July and August. It's so much cooler down there. The rest can be shop space. Smiley-dancenana

Ed

RE: Looking At A Bigger Mill - wrustle - 11-03-2015

(11-03-2015, 05:16 PM)EdK Wrote:
(11-03-2015, 06:35 AM)Mayhem Wrote: Finally you have come to your senses.  You could always buy a few throw cushions if you like.  You machines are that clean that they are unlikely to get dirty.

Actually, all I need room for down there is my old TV and an easy chair for during the hot, humid months of July and August. It's so much cooler down there. The rest can be shop space.  Smiley-dancenana

Ed

You forgot the fridge........for beer!  Big Grin

RE: Looking At A Bigger Mill - EdK - 11-03-2015

(11-03-2015, 06:41 PM)wrustle Wrote:
(11-03-2015, 05:16 PM)EdK Wrote: Actually, all I need room for down there is my old TV and an easy chair for during the hot, humid months of July and August. It's so much cooler down there. The rest can be shop space.  Smiley-dancenana

Ed

You forgot the fridge........for beer!  Big Grin

Oh $hit! I think I can find a good home for said appliance.  Happyyes

Ed

RE: Looking At A Bigger Mill - Vinny - 11-03-2015

Lets hope so. All shops need a beer fridge.

RE: Looking At A Bigger Mill - EdK - 11-07-2015

Got the shop press moved today and cleaned up another chunk of the basement to make room for the pieces of the mill as I get them into the basement. Tomorrow I plan on disassembling the cherry picker to get it up to the garage. I hope to at least get the motor off of the mill and down to the basement. If I have the time, I'll make an attempt at getting the head off also. That's going to be a tricky one, I think. Sweat

Ed

RE: Looking At A Bigger Mill - wrustle - 11-07-2015

Come on Ed, step it up a bit will ya! We're getting impatient!  Big Grin

RE: Looking At A Bigger Mill - Mayhem - 11-07-2015

(11-07-2015, 08:25 PM)wrustle Wrote: Come on Ed, step it up a bit will ya! We're getting impatient! Big Grin

Says the man who's signature should read "to be continued..." Big Grin