MetalworkingFun Forum
Setting Up My PM935 Mill - Printable Version

+- MetalworkingFun Forum (http://www.metalworkingfun.com)
+-- Forum: Machinery (http://www.metalworkingfun.com/forum-10.html)
+--- Forum: Milling Machines (http://www.metalworkingfun.com/forum-12.html)
+--- Thread: Setting Up My PM935 Mill (/thread-2981.html)

RE: Looking At A Bigger Mill - EdK - 11-07-2015

(11-07-2015, 08:29 PM)Mayhem Wrote:
(11-07-2015, 08:25 PM)wrustle Wrote: Come on Ed, step it up a bit will ya! We're getting impatient!  Big Grin

Says the man who's signature should read "to be continued..." Big Grin

Rotfl

RE: Looking At A Bigger Mill - dallen - 11-08-2015

yea Russ when you going to finish the tall tale about the turret lathe Big Grin Big Grin

RE: Looking At A Bigger Mill - EdK - 11-14-2015

Not much to show but got the 50 feet of 10 gauge wire strung from the mill area to the sub panel. Also removed the 20A breaker and installed the 30A breaker and got the 10 gauge wire hooked up to it. In the process, I had to remove the wiring for the lathe from the sub panel so now I have no power to any of my machinery.

Ed

[attachment=12202]

RE: Looking At A Bigger Mill - Mayhem - 11-14-2015

I must say, I do enjoy wiring.  Hopefully you will have power back to everything soon and without any mishaps [attachment=12203]

RE: Looking At A Bigger Mill - Dr Stan - 11-14-2015

A previous post mentioned conduit and that's all I used in my shop.  Excellent accessibility for modifications.  Since I did all the labor I went with 10 ga for virtually all my wiring except for the 10Hp 120 gallon air compressor and the Miller MIG using 8 for those applications. Must be the little bit of German ancestry showing itself.

RE: Looking At A Bigger Mill - Vinny - 11-14-2015

Stan, we think alot alike. When we rebuilt the garage into a shop (lower level) and office (upper level) all electrical was done in conduit. The arc welder outlet I recently put in was done with #6. Everything else ('cuze nothing really draws enough to even need #10) was done with #12 stranded. I ran a number of circuits with a feeder from the house to a sub panel out here.

RE: Looking At A Bigger Mill - Sunset Machine - 11-15-2015

Conduit here too. Finished the walls first and then laid the pipe, running #12. If I have to go #10 later, just use the #12 to pull it in with. No problem at all to add/move lighting and outlets. Dunno about inside the house though, it wouldn't seem right to run conduit. My garage is an "industrial" setting, different.

RE: Looking At A Bigger Mill - Vinny - 11-15-2015

In my office upstairs, the conduit was put in before the drywall went up.

RE: Looking At A Bigger Mill - DaveH - 11-15-2015

Are we talking steel or plastic conduit?
Smiley-eatdrink004 
DaveH

RE: Looking At A Bigger Mill - EdK - 11-15-2015

I'm talking no conduit.

Anyway, I was hoping to have a quite birthday in the shop but the family would have nothing of that. I did steal enough time to get the lathe wired in with a fused disconnect so I at least have one machine I can play with.  Smiley-dancenana

Ed

[attachment=12214]