MetalworkingFun Forum
Setting Up My PM935 Mill - Printable Version

+- MetalworkingFun Forum (http://www.metalworkingfun.com)
+-- Forum: Machinery (http://www.metalworkingfun.com/forum-10.html)
+--- Forum: Milling Machines (http://www.metalworkingfun.com/forum-12.html)
+--- Thread: Setting Up My PM935 Mill (/thread-2981.html)

RE: Setting Up My PM935 Mill - EdK - 05-03-2016

(05-02-2016, 08:32 PM)PixMan Wrote: I'd install and adjust the gib without the screw, just pushing it back & forth. Then install the screw.

That's exactly what I did. Big Grin

And I've been lubing all the ways with way oil as I assemble it since the one-shot lube will shoot blanks until the air is purged.

Ed

P.S. Check it out Darren. Fifty pages.

RE: Setting Up My PM935 Mill - pepi - 05-03-2016

(05-02-2016, 04:32 PM)EdK Wrote: I use a putty knife on the thick stuff then use denatured alcohol to remove what's left. It works pretty good and is more pleasant smelling than mineral spirits or some of the other more potent stuff.

Ed

Pleasant smelling for me is napalm, lacquer thiner in another cleaner I use regularly. Isopropyl alcohol has its place, WD40, acetone pretty much whatever I have on hand gets put to work. Some are better suited for cleaning and prepping for paint others for welding and so on.

Greg

RE: Setting Up My PM935 Mill - Mayhem - 05-03-2016

(05-03-2016, 05:27 AM)EdK Wrote: Check it out Darren. Fifty pages.

Whilst cleaning up the other day, I found the rail, stops and bracket that form the Y axis stops. I figure that I will post at least three (maybe four) pages worth of post dragging out the cleaning, painting and installation of that. Then there is the Z axis DRO scale to install (possibly another four pages). I then have two access doors on the column that need painting and one needs a new knob made (easily two pages, given the knob). Then I need to make a new trip lever arm, as the PO drilled it and I can't adjust it to my liking (say two pages).

Once done, if I need to, I can go back through this thread and delete all my posts - by my reckoning, I should be able to win the page count Big Grin

RE: Setting Up My PM935 Mill - EdK - 05-03-2016

I dare you Darren. Big Grin

Ed

RE: Setting Up My PM935 Mill - Dr Stan - 05-03-2016

This could get interesting. Thumbsup

RE: Setting Up My PM935 Mill - Vinny - 05-03-2016

One, Two, Three, Four... They've Declared a Page War!!!

RE: Setting Up My PM935 Mill - wawoodman - 05-03-2016

Popcorn

RE: Setting Up My PM935 Mill - Rob.Mueller - 05-05-2016

Ed, Is the warranty on your mill expired yet?  Slaphead

RE: Setting Up My PM935 Mill - Mayhem - 05-05-2016

It almost certainly is if the folk at PM are following this thread... I think that (and the PITA process of placing it in the basement) was why Ed powered it up in his garage.

Most will void a warranty if you disassemble it. So, let us all hope that Ed knows where all the bits go and gets it up and running soon. Some days I think we want to see it make chips more than Ed does. Then again, we don't know the constraints that Ed is under. Life often foils our best plans, as does the desire to drag this thread out until it rivals the post count in the What did you do today thread Big Grin

RE: Setting Up My PM935 Mill - EdK - 05-05-2016

(05-05-2016, 06:39 PM)Mayhem Wrote: the desire to drag this thread out until it rivals the post count in the What did you do today thread

And to continue with that plan, we have episode number 50.10.

Getting the dragon snot off of the table was a two evening affair.  Sweat

Ed

[attachment=13242]  [attachment=13243]