MetalworkingFun Forum
Setting Up My PM935 Mill - Printable Version

+- MetalworkingFun Forum (http://www.metalworkingfun.com)
+-- Forum: Machinery (http://www.metalworkingfun.com/forum-10.html)
+--- Forum: Milling Machines (http://www.metalworkingfun.com/forum-12.html)
+--- Thread: Setting Up My PM935 Mill (/thread-2981.html)

RE: Setting Up My PM935 Mill - Highpower - 06-06-2016

(06-06-2016, 02:06 PM)EdK Wrote: Just added more work to do on the mill.

Ed

OMG. You are going to be SOOOOOO spoiled now..... Big Grin

Smiley-eatdrink004

RE: Setting Up My PM935 Mill - EdK - 06-06-2016

Waiting on parts from Digi-Key so I can continue on with the VFD enclosure wiring. In the mean time I'll start looking at what it's going to take to mount the scales.

Ed

RE: Setting Up My PM935 Mill - Vinny - 06-06-2016

a drill and several bits.

RE: Setting Up My PM935 Mill - EdK - 06-06-2016

(06-06-2016, 04:55 PM)Vinny Wrote: a drill and several bits.

Already got those since I installed a DRO on my lathe some time ago.  Rotfl
But I'll likely need my mill to make some brackets for mounting the scales since the ones that are supplied with the kit don't usually work. Chin

Ed

RE: Setting Up My PM935 Mill - Mayhem - 06-06-2016

Do the z axis first. I haven't done mine yet and need some ideas!

RE: Setting Up My PM935 Mill - Dave J - 06-08-2016

Really nice work Ed, and the rewards will be for many years to come. 
As you know I haven't been around on any forums for a while, and the last I read your mill you where getting it into the basement. What a suprise i got when i read today what you have done since,

I remember going through my mill, but went over board cleaning and filling all the inside of every casting other than the column as it was pretty good like yours.still gives me pleasure looking at it and is easy cleaning but a lot of work went into it.

Congratulations on not only getting a great mill but going the extra yard giving it a going over and accessorising it.

Dave J

RE: Setting Up My PM935 Mill - EdK - 06-08-2016

(06-08-2016, 03:54 AM)Dave J Wrote: Really nice work Ed, and the rewards will be for many years to come. 
As you know I haven't been around on any forums for a while, and the last I read your mill you where getting it into the basement. What a suprise i got when i read today what you have done since,

I remember going through my mill, but went over board cleaning and filling all the inside of every casting other than the column as it was pretty good like yours.still gives me pleasure looking at it and is easy cleaning but a lot of work went into it.

Congratulations on not only getting a great mill but going the extra yard giving it a going over and accessorising it.

Dave J

Thanks Dave. It's good to see you back in action. I've missed you. You always had really good posts. Smile

Ed

RE: Setting Up My PM935 Mill - PixMan - 06-08-2016

(06-08-2016, 05:20 AM)EdK Wrote: Thanks Dave. It's good to see you back in action. I've missed you. You always had really good posts. Smile

Ed

Agreed! Good to see you here again Dave J!

RE: Setting Up My PM935 Mill - arvidj - 06-08-2016

Yes, welcome back Dave!!

RE: Setting Up My PM935 Mill - Dr Stan - 06-09-2016

(06-06-2016, 04:55 PM)Vinny Wrote: a drill and several bits.

May want to include some angle, flat bar and some round stock.  Big Grin   I recommend aluminum.