MetalworkingFun Forum
Setting Up My PM935 Mill - Printable Version

+- MetalworkingFun Forum (http://www.metalworkingfun.com)
+-- Forum: Machinery (http://www.metalworkingfun.com/forum-10.html)
+--- Forum: Milling Machines (http://www.metalworkingfun.com/forum-12.html)
+--- Thread: Setting Up My PM935 Mill (/thread-2981.html)

RE: Looking At A Bigger Mill - Mayhem - 09-03-2015

(09-03-2015, 09:02 AM)EdK Wrote:
(09-02-2015, 07:41 PM)PixMan Wrote: Me, I'm so anxious to see your reaction when you man-up and run those carbide insert cutters as they were meant to be!

Oh, to be a fly on the wall the day that happens. Smiley-signs027

I suspect I better wear a condom the day I try out those cutters.  Yikes

Ed

You shouldn't need flood coolant ED Blush

RE: Looking At A Bigger Mill - EdK - 09-03-2015

(09-03-2015, 10:21 AM)Mayhem Wrote:
(09-03-2015, 09:02 AM)EdK Wrote:
(09-02-2015, 07:41 PM)PixMan Wrote: Me, I'm so anxious to see your reaction when you man-up and run those carbide insert cutters as they were meant to be!

Oh, to be a fly on the wall the day that happens. Smiley-signs027

I suspect I better wear a condom the day I try out those cutters.  Yikes

Ed

You shouldn't need flood coolant ED  Blush

Rotfl

RE: Looking At A Bigger Mill - f350ca - 09-03-2015

When I arranged shipment of my lathe from Summit they wouldn't release it from the warehouse unless it was a flat deck truck where the machine could be chained down to stop tip overs.

RE: Looking At A Bigger Mill - EdK - 09-03-2015

Didn't get a whole lot done with this today. I ended up spending a good portion of the morning putting out fires at work even though I'm supposed to be on vacation. At least I didn't have to make the long commute in because I can connect to my work computer from home.

Got some of the wiring done in preparation for the test run. Still got a fair amount of work to do though prior to that event. I'm hopefully going to get most of it done tomorrow.

Ed

[attachment=11710]

RE: Looking At A Bigger Mill - TomG - 09-03-2015

A good looking mill Ed, from what I can see. I was going to say that it'll never be that clean again, but then I remembered who I was talking to. Rotfl

I'm sure you will have a lot of fun setting it up.

Tom

RE: Looking At A Bigger Mill - Highpower - 09-03-2015

I can't believe it! Freshly delivered and not a single well deserved You Suck   You Suck   You Suck   You Suck   You Suck   You Suck   You Suck   You Suck    You Suck 

You guys are slipping......   Big Grin 

Congratulations Ed. Feels good doesn't it? Kinda like the day I got to step up from my mini-lathe.   Rotfl

RE: Looking At A Bigger Mill - zmotorsports - 09-04-2015

Ed, your slackin'.  I don't see the new addition in your signature yet. Big Grin

Mike.

RE: Looking At A Bigger Mill - EdK - 09-04-2015

(09-03-2015, 09:59 PM)Highpower Wrote: Feels good doesn't it? Kinda like the day I got to step up from my mini-lathe.

It sure does Willie. I've been waiting for this for years now. I knew it would eventually happen, I just didn't know when. The stars finally aligned to make it so.  Big Grin

Ed

(09-03-2015, 09:10 PM)TomG Wrote: A good looking mill Ed, from what I can see. I was going to say that it'll never be that clean again, but then I remembered who I was talking to. Rotfl

I'm sure you will have a lot of fun setting it up.

Tom

Thanks Tom. Sorry about the lack of detail in the pictures. It's so hot and humid here now that I don't want to remove the plastic until the humidity drops. Today is supposed to be even worse than yesterday and tomorrow about the same. Sunday is when the cool front comes through and the humidity is supposed to plummet later in the day with highs in the 70s starting Monday. So the plan is to unwrap it on Sunday afternoon or evening and get it ready for a test run on Monday.

Ed

(09-04-2015, 07:48 AM)zmotorsports Wrote: Ed, your slackin'.  I don't see the new addition in your signature yet. Big Grin

Mike.

Oops! Busted!  Blush

Ed