MetalworkingFun Forum
Travers - Printable Version

+- MetalworkingFun Forum (http://www.metalworkingfun.com)
+-- Forum: Machining (http://www.metalworkingfun.com/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: Supplier Reviews (http://www.metalworkingfun.com/forum-43.html)
+--- Thread: Travers (/thread-3779.html)

Pages: 1 2

Travers - pepi - 12-09-2017

Any thoughts regarding the company Travelers ?

Sent some end mills off to have sharpened, and of course got a hard copy catalog.

What little knowledge for the prices of all things machining related. I like that they make their own mills, think that's a plus.

So over all how do they stack up>

Greg

RE: Travelers - TomG - 12-10-2017

I've used them a number of times and have always been pleased with the experience. They have a good selection, reasonable prices and ship quickly. I would much rather give them my business than MSC.

Tom

RE: Travelers - EdK - 12-10-2017

I've gotten real good deals from them via their ebay listings.

Ed

RE: Travelers - Highpower - 12-10-2017

Back in the glory days when Enco was in full swing I refused to buy from Travers (no L) because they had the highest prices of all the distributors I purchased from when comparing apples to apples. I bought from them a couple of times and was hit with ridiculous shipping charges for tiny items. With Enco's demise they seem to have come down to a more reasonable pricing structure and realistic shipping charges. Thumbsup

They also seem to be the only 'authorized' Noga dealer in the US. Then I was looking for spare parts for my Noga mini-cool, Noga's owner emailed me from Israel and directed me to Travers and told me they could order anything I needed. I have since purchased a number of Noga tools from Travers and satisfied with their service. As Ed mentioned keep an eye on ebay to find better prices from them.
Smiley-gen163

RE: Travelers - Vinny - 12-10-2017

I've bought from them a number of times, both direct and on ebay. They had a closeout sale a while back where we were getting grinding wheels for a couple bucks each, hacksaw blades and spiral point taps for pennies, ... I never had a problem with shipping, but I never bought real heavy stuff - except the mill sharpening attachment I bought but that was on ebay with free shipping.

RE: Travelers - Dr Stan - 12-11-2017

I bought from Travers for years and have always been satisfied.  Only made one mistake on an order and it was quickly corrected.  Since I was buying for schools I was given a sizeable discount which they also applied to my personal purchases.

RE: Travelers - pepi - 12-11-2017

Good info, I'll keep them as a source...... Shipping, blows my mind a company wants to add 50% to items that could easily ship USPS  ?

As to finding them on Ebay, is there a filter you guys use to see their offerings. Or is the filer a scroll key and the next page click?

:-) .....Travers (no L)  ......  Bash

no L does fit the season

Thanks
Greg  :-)

RE: Travers - EdK - 12-11-2017

(12-11-2017, 07:31 AM)pepi Wrote: As to finding them on Ebay, is there a filter you guys use to see their offerings.

Here you go.

Travers On Ebay

Ed

RE: Travers - Mike E. - 12-11-2017

I've only bought from Travers once, a Noga indicator holder. I ordered over the phone, quick & easy, and it was delivered two days later.

Smile

RE: Travers - pepi - 12-11-2017

(12-11-2017, 08:37 AM)EdK Wrote:
(12-11-2017, 07:31 AM)pepi Wrote: As to finding them on Ebay, is there a filter you guys use to see their offerings.

Here you go.

Travers On Ebay

Ed

Huge list ................... holly cow!

Thanks