MetalworkingFun Forum
What do you build when you have too much time? - Printable Version

+- MetalworkingFun Forum (http://www.metalworkingfun.com)
+-- Forum: Machining (http://www.metalworkingfun.com/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: Welding & Casting (http://www.metalworkingfun.com/forum-9.html)
+--- Thread: What do you build when you have too much time? (/thread-414.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: What do you build when you have too much time? - dallen - 05-23-2012

you could put sirens and strobes on him so that when someone breaks in he can chase them around with lights and sirens going saying I have called the police please leave.................

nice job. I don't think that they will ever totally mimic the human body in a mechanical format, way too hard as you said the the eye hand thing.

RE: What do you build when you have too much time? - stevec - 05-24-2012

Eye hand co-ordination can't be all that important, I've survived 66 yrs. without any.Big Grin

RE: What do you build when you have too much time? - EdK - 05-24-2012

(05-24-2012, 06:15 AM)stevec Wrote: Eye hand co-ordination can't be all that important, I've survived 66 yrs. without any.Big Grin

Good one Steve. Rotfl

Ed

RE: What do you build when you have too much time? - doubleboost - 05-24-2012

Hi
Henry
Just finished reading your robot threadDroolDrool
A bit of video would be great
John

RE: What do you build when you have too much time? - henryarnold - 05-24-2012

(05-24-2012, 04:49 PM)doubleboost Wrote: Hi
Henry
Just finished reading your robot threadDroolDrool
A bit of video would be great
John

Thanks. I'll put a video together over the weekend.

RE: What do you build when you have too much time? - November X-ray - 05-30-2012

(05-18-2012, 06:28 AM)rleete Wrote: I believe the OP should send us all samples, so we may judge it's suitability and functionality.

2 pounds each should do it...

2 pounds each is no problem, however the health department won't allow me to "send" it, so everyone must show up in person to get their sample! Now if I can only find time to get home to cook, much less find suitable meats.

RE: What do you build when you have too much time? - Rickabilly - 06-12-2012

The funny thing about robotics and people's perception of robotics is that the two have never really been aligned at all.

Everyone wants a Robot that does the washing, cooks dinner and chops wood, and for the past seventy years Hollywood has been promising just that.

What we get instead is a computerised washing machine, factory produced "ready meals" and processed compressed wood logs.

These things are what real world robotics R and D has come up with. Purpose built single function machines rather than a multipurpose human replacement,

Just as well too, if you think about how ruthlessly business throws away people when a new more efficient machine is invented, imagine what would happen if a true "Hollywood" robot became available. Who would need us?

So please leave Leaf arm and legless Rotfl Rotfl

Best Regards
Rick