MetalworkingFun Forum
Help with the speed control - Printable Version

+- MetalworkingFun Forum (http://www.metalworkingfun.com)
+-- Forum: Machining (http://www.metalworkingfun.com/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: General Shop Stuff (http://www.metalworkingfun.com/forum-44.html)
+--- Thread: Help with the speed control (/thread-4453.html)

Pages: 1 2

Help with the speed control - Elidari - 09-20-2022

Hi guys I have a mini milling machine I think it’s called Sieg
My speed control just stop working does anybody know where can I get it fixed in the San Francisco area I appreciate any suggestions I hate to buy a new one which they don’t make anymore and this is the motor I am using I have no idea what it is even thanks Eli

RE: Help with the speed control - Highpower - 09-20-2022

Hi Eli, welcome to the forum.  Smiley-signs046

One quick question. Does the control not work at all - or is it just a specific function that is giving you problems? Emergency stop is disengaged - yes? I'm just wondering if it could be something simple like a blown fuse.  Chin

A quick Google search turned up this site from someone who claims to do repairs by way of mail order. I have never used this service myself so I have no experience with them. So take it with a grain of salt and do your own research. Personally I think finding someone in the San Fransisco area specifically that does this kind of work would be quite challenging. Being able to provide a specific model number for your mill and/or controller board numbers would go a long way in helping you get the correct help needed.

I wish I could be of more help, but maybe someone else here will have better info for you. Best of luck in your quest!

(Edited to include link...) Slaphead

RE: Help with the speed control - EdK - 09-20-2022

Welcome to the forum Eli.

Can you take the cover off of the box and take a picture of the circuit board and post it to the forum?

Ed

RE: Help with the speed control - Vinny - 09-20-2022

olduhfguy (the link Willie posted) is on the 7x14 mini-lathe list.

RE: Help with the speed control - rleete - 09-21-2022

On my (now sold) micro mill, when the speed control stopped working, it was the potentiometer that went bad.

I bought a replacement from Little Machine Shop.com, and it worked fine after that.

RE: Help with the speed control - Highpower - 09-21-2022

Vinny, what is this "list" that you speak of? 17428

RE: Help with the speed control - Elidari - 09-21-2022

(09-20-2022, 10:23 AM)Thank you very much the control works bathroom some reason I’m not there I cannot control the speed I changed the knob and it does not do anything and there is no fuse anywhere to replace thank you Eli Wrote: Hi Eli, welcome to the forum.  Smiley-signs046

One quick question. Does the control not work at all - or is it just a specific function that is giving you problems? Emergency stop is disengaged - yes? I'm just wondering if it could be something simple like a blown fuse.  Chin

A quick Google search turned up this site from someone who claims to do repairs by way of mail order. I have never used this service myself so I have no experience with them. So take it with a grain of salt and do your own research. Personally I think finding someone in the San Fransisco area specifically that does this kind of work would be quite challenging. Being able to provide a specific model number for your mill and/or controller board numbers would go a long way in helping you get the correct help needed.

I wish I could be of more help, but maybe someone else here will have better info for you. Best of luck in your quest!

(Edited to include link...)  Slaphead

RE: Help with the speed control - Highpower - 09-21-2022

(09-21-2022, 12:47 PM)Elidari Wrote: .... the control works bathroom some reason I’m not there ....

RE: Help with the speed control - EdK - 09-21-2022

(09-21-2022, 02:19 PM)Highpower Wrote:
(09-21-2022, 12:47 PM)Elidari Wrote: .... the control works bathroom some reason I’m not there ....

That confused me also. Chin

Ed

RE: Help with the speed control - Vinny - 09-21-2022

(09-21-2022, 11:41 AM)Highpower Wrote: Vinny, what is this "list" that you speak of?   17428

https://groups.io/g/7x12MiniLathe