Poor Man's Power Drawbar
Tom,
I know this is a old post but looking at this setup I like it over the over other I've seen. Do you have any plans for this laying around? Where did you get the springs. How is it mounted????

So many questions. Just trying not to reinvent the powered drawbar.
outlawspeeder, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Mar 2014.
Thanks given by:
Questions are good - we all learn from them.

My guess is that Tom made his own springs. He posted a video in the video section on how to do this.

Welcome aboard by the way - drop into the intro section and tell us a bit about yourself, your equipment and your hobbies...
Hunting American dentists since 2015.
Thanks given by:
I've had a ton of interest in this power drawbar, so a video on the details is next in line. It doesn't make sense to make drawings because there are too many variations involved with different mills and impact wrenches, but I'll include enough information in the video that you shouldn't have any trouble making one for your own combination of stuff.

The springs were just something I had laying around. They probably came from McMaster Carr.

Welcome aboard. Be sure to stop into the introduction section and tell us a bit about yourself, your shop and your projects. We love pics BTW.

Tom
[Image: TomsTechLogo-Profile.png]
Thanks given by:
A video Smiley-dancenana good on you Tom Thumbsup
Smiley-eatdrink004
DaveH
Thanks given by:
The big part I just figured out. The mount to the J head. Three threads coming up, Remove nuts, use a stand off and mount the rest. I've been thinking a lot about building this. I thinking about one that can rotate off to the side to use a wrench when I don't kick on the air in the shop.

Just thinking.

It's not that I am thinking outside the box, I believe there is no box.
outlawspeeder, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Mar 2014.
Thanks given by: