Ultra-Small Boring Head
Bill,

Is your mill MT2 or is this boring head for the lathe?

Ed
Thanks given by:
Ed;

Clausing 8520's are almost all MT2 Spindles. There are a few that have B&S Tapers. The MT2 limits to 1/2" arbors max.

"Billy G" Big Grin
Thanks given by: EdK
looks like that last picture has a drawing in it for a boring head, nice work Bill
dallen, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Apr 2012.

If life seems normal, your not going fast enough! Tongue
Thanks given by:
Yes, those are the Stephen Campbell Prints. I am using them for the basic dimensions. They are available for free on line.

http://www.deansphotographica.com/machin...nghead.pdf

"Billy G"
Thanks given by:
Bill

that looks really useful. you are doing a good job of making it. Thank you for the link.

Anthony.
ieezitin, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Jan 2013.
Thanks given by:
If anyone is in question about that link, there is a notice on each page that states, 'The information contained in this drawing is the sole property of Stephen Campbell. Reproduction in part or as a whole is permitted so long as it is not used commercially or for profit. To do so is prohibited."

That notice makes it OK for us to use. A big Thank-You goes out to Stephen Campbell.

"Billy G" Thumbsup
Thanks given by:
Really nice work Bill
Free advice is worth exactly what you payed for it.
Greg
Thanks given by:
I was going to ask if the design was yours or not, given the drawings in the pictures. I too like the fact that some people are willing to share their ideas so willingly. In fact, the same caveat exists with patented ideas/inventions as well. The patent prevents you from reproducing the item for financial gain, so if you want to make one for personal use, you can.
Hunting American dentists since 2015.
Thanks given by:
I changed a few thing Darren, like the arbor and some small stuff, but you will be hard pressed to see much difference when it is finished. It's already a solid design the way Stephen did it.

"Billy G" Thumbsup
Thanks given by:
Back to work. Ready to add pocket for the adj. parts. There was a discussion on another forum about using air at the machine. For me that is not an option. Air puts chips where you don't want them. If I do need it I use Dust Destroyer for the computer. I buy it when it goes on sale. There is only enough pressure to clear chips.

"Billy G" Big Grin

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by: