Power Crossfeed for Asian 9X20s
Gonna give this a shot. Tom G helped me with what I needed Thanks Tom.

It will be a right angle drive DC motor 28 volts 80 RPM. Power supply 120 AC to 28 DC. Variable speed unit with reverse. To free wheel for manual use a dog clutch will be at the drive wheel.

Pic #1 parts the have arrived power supply and speed control.

Pic #2 parts from radio shack.

"Billy G"

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:

Looking forward to seeing this project Bill. Cool
Willie
Thanks given by:
I've wanted the power option for some time Willie. I started thinking of using a stepper motor. Tom stepped up to the plate with this idea after we settled on the motor. From there it was just wait for parts.

"Billy G"
Thanks given by:
Yeah, the waiting is always the hardest part. Big Grin
Willie
Thanks given by:
I'll be watching this with interest, as I'm going to be helping a friend do this to his lathe.
Hunting American dentists since 2015.
Thanks given by:
I needed 4 standoffs for the speed control board. They are 3/16 hex brass with 6-32 male and female threads. They are 1/2 inch long.

"Billy G"

Thanks given by:
Should have something to show this evening. I am no electrician and it's slow going. I would like to have it all wired except for the motor this evening. Buuuuuuut .........................

"Billy G"
Thanks given by:
Not much, just the speed control and switches mounter. Will get the power supply in tomorrow.

"Billy G"

Thanks given by:
Today we try to get it all in there leaving us with just connecting the motor when it arrives. Then the machining begins with the Dog Clutch. It will be a simple push pull configuration.

"Billy G"
Thanks given by:
Need the power cord and motor. The electrical components are in. Left switch is for direction. Center switch speed control. Right switch power on/off.

"Billy G"

Thanks given by: