Power Crossfeed for Asian 9X20s
Graemlin ....errrrr Bill. Big Grin
Willie
Thanks given by:
Thanx Willie. Remind me one day and I'll tell you the story of why I don't care to do electrical work.

"Billy G"
Thanks given by:
Coming along nicely Bill. Just make sure to seal it up and keep the magic smoke in,
Free advice is worth exactly what you payed for it.
Greg
Thanks given by:
Billy,
Nice work Smiley-signs107
Smiley-eatdrink004
DaveH
Thanks given by:
All done and waiting for the motor. Should be here in a day or two.

"Billy G"

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:
I want to mount the box in a different location that the motor. I will need to run the power to the motor some distance away. I will need 40 inches of wire to get from point A to point B. Question -- Will this drop the 24 VDC sufficiently to cause me a problem?

"Billy G"
Thanks given by:
I have the motor. Sure hope looks are deceiving. Thumbsup

"Billy G"

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:
Voltage drop will depend on the current draw (amperage) of the motor and the size of the wire used to connect it.

At 40 inches and not knowing the particulars I would guess that using the same size wire that is coming out of the motor, or maybe one gauge size larger would do you just fine for your application.

That is a neat little compact motor / reduction unit you have there.
Willie
Thanks given by:
Time to move on to the fun part, the mechanical parts. Willie and all it works just fine. More than enough available torque. With a little luck I will have auto crossfeed by Sunday.

"Billy G"
Thanks given by:
What are you building ? a powered micrometer ! Rotfl Rotfl Rotfl
(07-11-2013, 01:14 PM)Bill Gruby Wrote: I have the motor. Sure hope looks are deceiving. Thumbsup

"Billy G"
tekfab, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Apr 2013.
Thanks given by: