me grindre refit
Actually looking at yours stripped down again, I want to chrome mine now,

How cool would that look?

I won't, but I reckon it'd look cool.
Whatever it is, do it today, Tomorrow may not be an option and regret outlasts fatigue.
Thanks given by:
Graemlin That looks spot on now Bob, and she will be nice and smooth and quiet too............ another job well done Big Grin

Cheers Mick.
Micktoon, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun since Sep 2012.
Thanks given by:
yep its a good one a gane rick no mine is older than yours as it dus not have the fixings for the end cuvers
krv3000, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Feb 2012.
Thanks given by:
Otherwise pretty much identical, I think the nameplate is a bit different too, mine had so much use on it that one of the toolrests has a deep trench worn into it, I have a buffing mop on that side so not worried, but it runs as smooth as silk and it's one tool I can see outlasting me.

I do quite prefer the grey to your old blue, All of my machine rebuilds in Australia used to get a coat or two of my Dads favorite blue, lighter than yours we used to call it "Workshop blue", and buy 10 litres at a time, nowadays, I use grey and royal blue as with my H frame press I just finished or a hammer finish paint usually light blue, light green or gold.

As you can see the Workshop blue is a bit bright for most tastes...

Regards
Rick
Whatever it is, do it today, Tomorrow may not be an option and regret outlasts fatigue.
Thanks given by:
well at the time i got a 25 liter drum of blue so every thing got panted blue yep my grinding rest had the same problem solved it by milling off 3mm and putting on a peace of gage plate 3mm thick drilled in the corners and countersunk and taped grinding rest 3mm hardened the gage plate screwed the plate on then went over the top with the grinder to tack the heads off the screws job dun will post a pic tomorrow you can just see the screws
Thanks given by:
You always seem to come up with a nice straightforward way to sort out a problem. Nice job Bob
Rick
Thanks given by:
well it will last a lot longer than the ally for got to say you need to pant the top of the grinding rest before putting the plate on this is to stop the ally from corroding and lock tite on the screws all so to stop the ally from corroding
Thanks given by:
Graemlin Thumbsup
Smiley-eatdrink004
DaveH
Thanks given by: