Grinding Turning and Facing Tools for the Lathe
Unfortunate that you guy's are picking on the "other guy".
I know for a fact that he is respected as a good teacher, his video's are recommended by many experienced machinist's in other forum's.
He has made mistakes, do you guy's make mistakes?
Larry
LJP, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Aug 2013.
Thanks given by:
You are absolutely right Larry - and this isn't the place to discuss such things.
This is Tom's thread about "Grinding Turning and Facing Tools for the Lathe" and we (especially me) should keep it that way. Thumbsup
I started it and I apologise for my transgression.
Smiley-eatdrink004
DaveH
Thanks given by: LJP
Its good to know that I'm a member of a group who contains such perfect people who have never made a mistake or done anything that could be construed as "risky" i feel humbled in deed. (NOT) !
Mike
tekfab, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Apr 2013.
Thanks given by:
I make mistakes all the time. I don't try to come across as an all-knowing and powerful "Oz". I'll leave it at that.

Sorry for the distraction. I really like Tom's work!
Thanks given by: LJP
(10-23-2013, 06:35 AM)tekfab Wrote: Its good to know that I'm a member of a group who contains such perfect people who have never made a mistake or done anything that could be construed as "risky" i feel humbled in deed. (NOT) !
Mike
I think that's an admirable declaration for a newbie to this beloved forum.Smiley-dancenanaSmiley-dancenana
OOps, I missed the (NOT)Sweat
Busy Bee 12-36 lathe, Busy Bee Mill drill, Busy Bee 4x6 bandsaw, Homemade 9x17 bandsaw, Ad infinitum.
Thanks given by:
I make videos of my mistakesJawdropJawdropJawdropJawdropJawdropJawdrop
John
Thanks given by:
Tom
That is a first class videoDroolDroolDrool
Old school hand ground tools still get the job done Smiley-eatdrink004Smiley-eatdrink004
John
Thanks given by:
Thanks John. Much to Ken's dismay, HSS is pretty much all I use. Bash

Tom
[Image: TomsTechLogo-Profile.png]
Thanks given by:
Used your lesson and ground up a fresh cutter to turn the shaft in that vibrator
Free advice is worth exactly what you payed for it.
Greg
Thanks given by:
Excellent. Thumbsup
[Image: TomsTechLogo-Profile.png]
Thanks given by: