The Home Grown cutter Grinder
It took 7 months or more to build but it's finished and being used at least an hour per day. It's a mixed breed. The best of 4 different home built Cutter grinders. You name the tool it can grind it. This shot was just after it was finished. It hasn't moved from that spot. I will post more pictures later on. I have the whole build on file.

"Billy G"

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by: Brian
It looks good from a distance Bill. When do we get to see it in action?

Tom
[Image: TomsTechLogo-Profile.png]
Thanks given by:
I still haven't taken the time to learn the video thing Tom. Maybe it is time I did. Pic of the parts and a closer look at the Grinder during construction. Only got one pic. Hmmm

"Billy G"

Thanks given by:
I'm really interested in this sort of thing.
Thanks given by:
I'd love to see some vids of it in action Bill. It's not hard to take the vids, its hard to edit them. Just get on with it and you'll learn as you go. My first vids were long and boring, I am still learning but I think I do some good ones. Just takes time.
Steve S
Check out MyShopNotes on youtube.
Thanks given by:
Bill, I'd like to add my vote for videos. Near the end of the summer, I picked up the Vivitar version of a small helmet-mountable video camera for about $60 on sale. The best-known version goes for several hundred more. I did manage to salvage the camera from the fire.

As mentioned, editing is still to be learned.

You've reminded me that I still need to finish my own grinder - when I get my shop back up and running. The good thing that comes to mind is that I'll have room to set it up as well as the die filer I made several years ago, but never hooked up to a motor for lack of space. 2015 should be a good year.
Mike

If you can't get one, make one.

Hawkeye, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Jan 2013.
Thanks given by:
Work Holding head is almost completed here. I designed it around the 5C collet.

"Billy G"

Thanks given by:
That's a beauty Bill. Do you have plans drawn up for it?

Ed
Thanks given by:
(12-10-2014, 06:38 AM)EdK Wrote: That's a beauty Bill. Do you have plans drawn up for it?

Ed

It would be easier just to send Bill your blunt end mills and have him send them back nice and sharp Big Grin
Hunting American dentists since 2015.
Thanks given by:
(12-10-2014, 06:38 AM)EdK Wrote: That's a beauty Bill. Do you have plans drawn up for it?

Ed

At some point I am going to have to sit down and do a set Ed. I am a seat of the pants Machinist. The project is in my head and comes together as I go along.

"Billy G"
Thanks given by: EdK