More lathe gadgets
Ok, here's the finished block. The strange shape of the magnet is just that, it's a strange shape. I got it out of a hard drive.

[Image: block2a.jpg]

[Image: block2b.jpg]

Now onto some lighting...
Thanks given by:
(03-10-2015, 04:48 PM)Vinny Wrote: [Image: block2b.jpg]

Now onto some lighting...

Speaking of making things lighter....  Big Grin

Vinny, could you do us all a favor and reduce the size of your pictures before you post them? Several members have slower internet connections and I imagine some of these pics are bringing their computers to a grinding halt when loading a page. I've got high speed DSL and it still takes several seconds for the pics to come up.

As an example your original picture above is sized at 4,128 × 2,322 pixels. That's huge for most monitors. Resizing your pics to something like 1024 x 768 pixels will display here just as well, but will load much more quickly and cause you fewer problems also. I resized that picture of the book that you posted the other day because the software couldn't handle it and turned it sideways.

No big deal, I just thought I would mention it so you don't run into that issue again. Smiley-eatdrink004
Willie
Thanks given by:
no problem. how's that? Oh, and according to gimp the book was rotated so it un-rotated it.
Thanks given by: Mayhem , Highpower
(03-11-2015, 11:45 AM)Vinny Wrote: no problem.  how's that?  

Perfect Thumbsup
Smiley-eatdrink004
DaveH
Thanks given by:
I tried posting the original pic again and it came out sideways again. A minute later it turns up resized and straight up. 17428  17428   17428

You work FAST Vinny!  Rotfl  Rotfl   Rotfl 

And like Dave sez..... Perfect.  Thumbsup 
Willie
Thanks given by:
I thought I had adjusted the settings so it automatically resized large pictures to a smaller size. I'll take a look at the settings and tweak them if necessary.

Ed
Thanks given by:
I have a action (macro) set up in photoshop that auto adjusts the levels and re-sizes them to 600 x 450, saves and then closes them, bringing up the next in the cue. All with the touch of a single button Big Grin
Hunting American dentists since 2015.
Thanks given by:
(03-11-2015, 04:35 PM)EdK Wrote: I thought I had adjusted the settings so it automatically resized large pictures to a smaller size.

Ed

You did Ed, and it was working when the pics showed up on a page, but it took awhile for them to scan. That is the only reason I noticed it. If I clicked on them to open them up and view them at full size, they were six screen pages tall and equally as wide. I'm running a 1440 x 900 screen resolution.
Willie
Thanks given by:
OK, so it must resize them after the fact then. Chin

Ed
Thanks given by:
The problem is I've been using my fone instead of my camera. The software for my camera does the resize, I never paid attention to how big the pics from my fone were coming out. After looking at them with gimp I saw that Willie was right about them being a tad bit on the large side.
Thanks given by: