Billy G's Die Filer
Frame Parts in the rough. Frame measures 3.250 X 8.000 X 15.750. As I said, this is not your everyday Die-Filer. Many holes to drill and tap in these parts.

"Billy G"

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:
Billy,

The upper mounting hole is going to overlap the 1.5" hole and also interfere with the threaded hole. Is that going to be a problem?

Ed

Thanks given by:
I have a 9/16 hole in the middle of the two smaller 1/4 inch ones. 1.5 is way too big.

"Billy G"
Thanks given by:
(03-07-2015, 12:43 PM)Bill Gruby Wrote: I have a 9/16 hole in the middle of the two smaller 1/4 inch ones. 1.5 is way too big.

"Billy G"

Oops! I meant 3/4" which is what the print shows that you sent me and what is shown in the image above. So should it be 9/16" rather than 3/4"? Changing it to 9/16" allows a space of 1/32" between the holes so that would work better.

Ed
Thanks given by:
You have three holes, two at .250, one at .562. The first (.250) is .625 from the top edge. The second (.562) is .750 down from that one. The third (.250) is .750 down from the last one. That should leave .312 of stock between each hole ????????????????????

"Billy G"
Thanks given by:
(03-07-2015, 02:55 PM)Bill Gruby Wrote: You have three holes, two at .250, one at .562. The first (.250) is .625 from the top edge. The second (.562) is .750 down from that one. The third (.250) is .750 down from the last one. That should leave .312 of stock between each hole ????????????????????

"Billy G"

The print I got from you dimensions the larger hole, .750 on the print, and the two .250" holes at 1.062 from the top edge. I understand the changing of the positions of the two 1/4" holes but didn't know the location of the now .562 hole had changed. I went through this whole thread and nowhere is it mentioned that this dimension had changed, or else I'm blind and can't see it.

I'll change the dimensions to what you've stated above.

Ed
Thanks given by:
This is what it should be now. Just these three holes and the two crescent shaped slots. The slots are now .500 wide on a 1.875 radius. They start even with the top of the center hole and stop .750 apart at the bottom.

"Billy G"

On the bottom hole the spacing is stated as .625, this is wrong. It should be .750. I was in a hurry.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:
OK, I think this is correct now.

Ed

Thanks given by:
Houston, we are good for launch.

"Billy G"
Thanks given by:
Hi Lads

I am confused (easy done ) this first drawing (post #42) shows what I believe to be the pivot point (large hole ) concentric with the to radial slots .

Then redrawn in post #48 were the two radial slots dont look to be concentric with what I believe to be the pivot point (large hole), amusing that the two radial slots are there so that the table can be locked at different angles .

Is the larger hole a pivot point ?

Are the two radial slots for angle adjustment ?

If above both yes then assembly will not pivot , or am I missing something ?

Cheers Rob
Thanks given by: