Small garden cart
I'm thinking (and have been for last 10 years) building a small garden cart for my wife.
Some thing like this, about the same size 38" x 20"

Anyone got one - or any idea what size angle iron is used.
Smiley-eatdrink004
DaveH
Thanks given by:
(09-13-2015, 07:08 PM)DaveH Wrote: I'm thinking (and have been for last 10 years) building a small garden cart for my wife.
Some thing like this, about the same size 38" x 20"

Anyone got one - or any idea what size angle iron is used.
Smiley-eatdrink004
DaveH

I had one and they're quite handy. I lost it somehow so can't give you any measurement. I remember it wasn't cheap when I bought it and that was about 10 years ago. I would think 1/8" angle iron would be adequate but I'll let the mechanical engineers chime in since it's not my area of expertise.

Ed
Thanks given by:
They are not cheap here either - in fact they are damn expensive. I have been saying I would make her one, time I did. Just a flat bed one, if some sides are needed I'll buy a plastic box to go on the bed.
Smiley-eatdrink004 
DaveH
Thanks given by:
Needs to be red Dave
Free advice is worth exactly what you payed for it.
Greg
Thanks given by:
(09-13-2015, 07:49 PM)f350ca Wrote: Needs to be red Dave
Good idea, if it were for me it would be 'Hot Pink' but my wife doesn't like pink. Cool
Smiley-eatdrink004
DaveH
Thanks given by:
(09-13-2015, 07:49 PM)f350ca Wrote: Needs to be red Dave

Willie
Thanks given by:
Dave - just add some wheels to an old screen door and you will be laughing Big Grin
Hunting American dentists since 2015.
Thanks given by:
Still not sure what size angle iron to use, definitely an 1/8" (3mm in my case) thick and either 1" or 1.25" (25 or 30mm) I would like to keep it as light as possible.
Tomorrow I going to look for some wheels 10" pneumatic. puncture proof if they are not too expensive.
Smiley-eatdrink004 
DaveH
Thanks given by:
Puncture proof would be a nice touch, the pneumatic ones have a habit of leaking , a small leak with the small volume and they're always flat.
1 1/2 wouldn't add much weight but would be considerably stiffer, guaranty if you have it it will end up with a large load on it at some point.
Free advice is worth exactly what you payed for it.
Greg
Thanks given by:
Got some 'go faster' wheels Cool  Didn't get the puncture proof ones just too expensive nearly 3 times the cost. However got a company that will 'squirt' some stuff in the ones I have to make them 'nearly puncture proof' Smile 

Smiley-eatdrink004
DaveH
Thanks given by: