Planer Blade Grinder
(12-12-2016, 11:11 AM)f350ca Wrote: They were there Pete. 1/2 inch coarse thread, just had to make the plate with slotted holes similar to the plates on the mag table for the grinder.

Very handy. No holes there on my shaper as far as I recall.
Lathe (n); a machine tool used in the production of milling machine components.

Milling Machine (n); a machine tool used in the production of lathe components.
Thanks given by:
The plate worked out well for that application, where I couldn't clamp them very well. In some respects its probably better to have the part slide if the load gets too great rather than break something.
Free advice is worth exactly what you payed for it.
Greg
Thanks given by:
Finished.
Used cold bluing on the blade clamp parts and painted the chassis. Attached an air line to the middle of the linear bearing section to hopefully keep grit out.

[Image: sbt3Xsrge89c7urqd8-cUVL0Ui7HuEiBNtP9qGrf...2-h1224-no]

Now to give it a try.
Greg
Thanks given by:
A quick follow up. The mechanism works great, grinds perfectly straight and produces a nice edge BUT that POS Chinese grinder is worse than I'd imagined. Absolutely no power, more than the lightest cuts stall the motor, takes a long time to grind back through any nicks and by then the motor is really hot.
Greg
Thanks given by:
Sounds like the cheap chinese grinder that I USED to have. I gave it away. It was good for a few things. Touching up a tool bit if you had time and when working with some materials you have to vibrate the air out of the mold when you pour the material in. That thing vibrated like crazy! The new (ish) one doesn't even vibrate the water in the cooling cup. I've since made a vibrating table.
Logan 200, Index 40H Mill, Boyer-Shultz 612 Surface Grinder, HF 4x6 Bandsaw, a shear with no name, ...
the nobucks boutique etsy shop  |  the nobucks boutique
Thanks given by:
Nice job, you just need a better bench grinder, your stuff worked well.

ps; if you want the vise I can hold it for you and maybe bring it up to ottawa next summer when I expect to be at the GCRJF.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M13ik-Jfd0o
Steve S
Check out MyShopNotes on youtube.
Thanks given by:
Thats a kind offer Steve, I look forward to adding another to my list of vices.
Have to ask, whats a GCRJF ?
Greg
Thanks given by:
I dunno, but I bet some folks here could come up with some really creative things out of it!
Logan 200, Index 40H Mill, Boyer-Shultz 612 Surface Grinder, HF 4x6 Bandsaw, a shear with no name, ...
the nobucks boutique etsy shop  |  the nobucks boutique
Thanks given by:
The Great Canadian Rust Junkie Fest at Jack Forsberg's in the summer.
Steve S
Check out MyShopNotes on youtube.
Thanks given by:
We need pictures Steve, we need pictures!
Hunting American dentists since 2015.
Thanks given by: