New Old Die File Machine For The Shop
I was able to purchase as Oliver S1 Die Filer and I am really liking it. In the home shop, on small projects, it really has a lot of uses filing, grinding and cutting. I thought that I may share a short video I made on the machine.

https://youtu.be/HnYVYqF4Gms
Thanks given by:
Not too many videos on die filers. Nice video you have on showing the versatility of the machine. I purchased an Opus 120 die filer recently, which is an industrial model that was made in Italy, and was fortunate that it came with tooling and a selection of files. The machine is three phase, so I won't have a chance to use it until the new shop is built, but I am confident it will be one of my most useful tools. I'll post a picture.

On a personal note, In your video I observed that there is not a lot of vertical clearance when the overarm support is used; the upper clamping mechanism looks like a real finger crusher. You might want to consider painting it a bright yellow or other color so that it remains in your peripheral vision while your concentrating on filing.

Great Video, thanks for posting !

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Mike
Thanks given by:
Welcome to the forums Paul. Smiley-signs046

Nice machine you have there. Your video was nicely done as well. Smiley-signs107
Willie
Thanks given by:
Very nice. I've never seen one with and upper support like that.

Welcome to the forum. Thumbsup 

Tom
[Image: TomsTechLogo-Profile.png]
Thanks given by:
Welcome to the forum Paul.

Ed
Thanks given by:
Welcome to the forum Paul!!!
Logan 200, Index 40H Mill, Boyer-Shultz 612 Surface Grinder, HF 4x6 Bandsaw, a shear with no name, ...
the nobucks boutique etsy shop  |  the nobucks boutique
Thanks given by:
A belated Welcome from me too !
Mike
Thanks given by: