Carport mini shop
It's all well documented, Andrew. Johan Pengruffwnd was born in Walton Parish, Pembrokshire, Wales in 1560 and died there 21, July, 1660. He and his wife Anne Langfort are listed in several of their children's baptismal records, John being one of them. Two of his son's Edward and John immigrated to the U.S. in 1635 and I have the passenger list showing John Griffin and his arrival in Virginia.

Tom
[Image: TomsTechLogo-Profile.png]
Thanks given by:
(03-04-2019, 09:33 AM)TomG Wrote: It's all well documented, Andrew. Johan Pengruffwnd was born in Walton Parish, Pembrokshire, Wales in 1560 and died there 21, July, 1660. He and his wife Anne Langfort are listed in several of their children's baptismal records, John being one of them. Two of his son's Edward and John immigrated to the U.S. in 1635 and I have the passenger list showing John Griffin and his arrival in Virginia.

Tom

I don't doubt you Tom, but neither the forename nor surname are Welsh. Also VERY unusual for some one in the 1500/1600's to live to be 100 years old. Average life expectancy at the time was about 35 !
Andrew Mawson, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Oct 2013.
Thanks given by:
His date of death was actually 1655 not 1660, making him 95. That's still very old for the era, but a Google search turns up many different sources stating the same info. For the record, all of my grandparents on my dad's side made it past 90 and my dad is currently 93 and still ticking. As far as the name thing goes, Pengruffwnd is supposedly the Welsh equivalent of Griffith, which then became Griffin after the immigration of Edward and John. I guess the only way to know for sure is to put feet on the ground over there and poke around a few public record facilities and library's. Sounds like a road trip to me. Big Grin

Tom
Thanks given by:
No, we DEMAND a DNA test to compare you to the Prince of Wales AND a genuine welsh Dragon :)
Andrew Mawson, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Oct 2013.
Thanks given by:
You mean this cute little guy?

[Image: 176px-POL_wojew%C3%B3dztwo_zachodniopomo...OA.svg.png]
Thanks given by: