Project Bar Stock Steam Engine
(03-05-2022, 09:38 PM)TomG Wrote: It makes me want to get back to the shop, if I actually had a shop.  Chin

Tom

17428 What you talkin bout Willis? Smiley-think005
Willie
Thanks given by:
(03-06-2022, 04:30 PM)Highpower Wrote:
(03-05-2022, 09:38 PM)TomG Wrote: It makes me want to get back to the shop, if I actually had a shop.  Chin

Tom

17428  What you talkin bout Willis?  Smiley-think005

When we moved a year ago, everything went into storage until the new shop was built. Most everything is moved in now, but nothing is powered. I've been reduced to a tablesaw and drill press in the corner of my garage.

Tom
[Image: TomsTechLogo-Profile.png]
Thanks given by:
(03-06-2022, 05:36 PM)TomG Wrote:
(03-06-2022, 04:30 PM)Highpower Wrote:

Tom

17428  What you talkin bout Willis?  Smiley-think005

When we moved a year ago, everything went into storage until the new shop was built. Most everything is moved in now, but nothing is powered. I've been reduced to a tablesaw and drill press in the corner of my garage.

Tom

So are you waiting for 3 phase service to be run to the shop or is it something else? Blink
Willie
Thanks given by:
(03-06-2022, 08:17 PM)Highpower Wrote:
(03-06-2022, 05:36 PM)TomG Wrote:
(03-06-2022, 04:30 PM)Highpower Wrote: 17428  What you talkin bout Willis?  Smiley-think005

Tom

So are you waiting for 3 phase service to be run to the shop or is it something else?  Blink

Just too many irons in the fire right now. I am heading up this weekend for a few days and will hopefully finish up the radiant heat system. The 3 phase will probably be the same rotary converter as the old shop, although I have been looking into digital converters, which are much more efficient.

Tom
[Image: TomsTechLogo-Profile.png]
Thanks given by:
(03-06-2022, 08:44 PM)TomG Wrote: Just too many irons in the fire right now. I am heading up this weekend for a few days and will hopefully finish up the radiant heat system. The 3 phase will probably be the same rotary converter as the old shop, although I have been looking into digital converters, which are much more efficient.

Tom

I understand all too well. Been selling off 25+ years of collecting machines. Even sold my metal 9 ft planner. That was a pleasant surprise. However no one wants my big old honking AIRCO stick welder. Guess I'll have to scrap it out. Ditto on my 4 ft X 10 ft welding table. Will also be selling off larger hand tools. Will not be taking any imperial wrenches nor anything 1/2" and 3/4" drive.
Thanks given by:
Well. Life and Procrastination seemed to have gotten in the way of my project. 
I had a friend that said he would polish the aluminum base for me. I made the mistake of saying No Hurry!!! 
My brother has a CNC Wood Router. I had him make up the wooden base for me. He did the engraving with an epoxy inlay. 
I finally had a chance to work on my steam engine this weekend. This was the first time it has been fully assembled. It is still a bit on the stiff side while turning it over by hand. But there is no binding. 
I haven’t had any air pressure through it yet. I have to pick up a couple fittings to hook it up. Once I have air supplies to it I will also be able to adjust the timing. 
But I thought I would share what I have so far. 

Trevor
Lathe - Craftex CX701, Mill - Craftex B30 Mill/Drill, DRO - blu-DRO
Thanks given by: