Project Drill Press Stand
Got the angle iron cut and deburred for the legs of the drill press stand. Had to use the Armstrong method. Guess what my next machine purchase will be. Chin

A little early for my reward but I have the proper accoutrement for the reward so I'm safe.  5176

Ed

Thanks given by:
Just don't hire the same 10 year old kid from China to weld it together for you like the other one. Big Grin
Willie
Thanks given by:
(06-15-2021, 02:51 PM)Highpower Wrote: Just don't hire the same 10 year old kid from China to weld it together for you like the other one.  Big Grin

This will be bolted together since I don't have a welder, yet. Big Grin

Ed
Thanks given by:
Finally got all of the holes drilled in the angle iron. All painted and ready to go. A rather ugly color of blue but Home Depot didn't have much selection in paints that were primer & topcoat. I just have to drill the brackets for the leveling feet and paint them then I can finally assemble the stand.

Ed

Thanks given by:
I thought I was done with drilling holes in angle iron but I forgot to drill the holes to mount the front and back rails. Ugh!  Slaphead

Ed

Thanks given by:
Got'r done!

Ed

Thanks given by:
The stand looks good Ed! I see you went with the Rockler casters. I have them on my table saw and my Delta band saw and I think they are great!
[Image: coffee2.gif]

Terry
Making stuff with old machines.
Thanks given by: EdK
(07-04-2021, 06:17 PM)terrywerm Wrote: The stand looks good Ed! I see you went with the Rockler casters. I have them on my table saw and my Delta band saw and I think they are great!

I got the casters from Amazon. They're all probably made in the same factory in China.

Ed
Thanks given by:
I put mobile bases under all the machines in my shop except the lathe and mill, which are on a heavy steel stand. Really makes the shop much more useable when I can get a machine out to use it and then push it out of the way. Wish I'd done it years ago.
Full of ideas, but slow to produce parts
Thanks given by:
(07-05-2021, 06:54 AM)rleete Wrote: I put mobile bases under all the machines in my shop except the lathe and mill, which are on a heavy steel stand.  Really makes the shop much more useable when I can get a machine out to use it and then push it out of the way.  Wish I'd done it years ago.

I did the same with both bandsaws and my 12" disk 6" belt sander. My Rockwell radial arm DP was already on casters when I bought it.
Thanks given by: