Todays Project - What did you do today?
Tom, try this linK Greg's mill
Sorry Greg, didn't mean to answer for ya but I'm here now and maybe Tom is too.
Busy Bee 12-36 lathe, Busy Bee Mill drill, Busy Bee 4x6 bandsaw, Homemade 9x17 bandsaw, Ad infinitum.
Thanks given by:
Thanks Steve, I am here. That link answers a lot of questions I had about the mill.

Tom
[Image: TomsTechLogo-Profile.png]
Thanks given by:
Your in another time zone Steve and do mornings, you get first crack at answering things. The early bird may get the worm but the second mouse gets the cheese.
Of course its home built Tom, isn't that why we have shops. (or is it because we have shops we can't afford to buy anything).
Free advice is worth exactly what you payed for it.
Greg
Thanks given by:
(09-20-2012, 09:42 AM)f350ca Wrote: Of course its home built Tom, isn't that why we have shops. (or is it because we have shops we can't afford to buy anything).

What was I thinking? Slaphead
[Image: TomsTechLogo-Profile.png]
Thanks given by:
Sorry Greg but I have to say I'm pretty disappointed in your new buildingBig Grin It appears that you've used a commercially produced ladderJawdrop

Well frankly that's just not good enough, Rant

You started out well, milling your own timber using a Mill that you designed and built yourself, I figure you are going to clad it using shingles, produced on your shingle mill, that once again you designed and built yourself.

and then you go and use a shop bought ladder, ShamefulJawdrop

But seriously, Yet another job well done, you amaze me with your self relianceSmiley-signs107, I doubt that there are many folks out there that could really do the whole job themselves, as you illustrate you can, time after time. Smiley-eatdrink004

Best regards
Rick
Whatever it is, do it today, Tomorrow may not be an option and regret outlasts fatigue.
Thanks given by:
Hate to disappoint you Rick but I'm going to put steel on the roof. OPPPS BUT am going to try poplar shingles on the walls. We currently have a surplus of crooked poplar logs.
Greg
Thanks given by:
Looks good Greg Smiley-signs107 Worthy
Smiley-eatdrink004
DaveH
Thanks given by:
Crooked shingles by Greg will look popular in poplar.(Groan!)
Busy Bee 12-36 lathe, Busy Bee Mill drill, Busy Bee 4x6 bandsaw, Homemade 9x17 bandsaw, Ad infinitum.
Thanks given by:
Steel is fine Greg, but you will need to smelt it yourselfRotfl

Best Regards
Rick
Whatever it is, do it today, Tomorrow may not be an option and regret outlasts fatigue.
Thanks given by:
Got the strapping and steel on the roof. Then sawed out 1 x 3 's to strap the walls, looks like large scale lath for plaster. Almost ready to start shingling the walls. Wait, no, still have to make the shingles.

[Image: IMG_0199.jpg]
Greg
Thanks given by: