Todays Project - What did you do today?
nice knob, whats it go on?
dallen, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Apr 2012.

If life seems normal, your not going fast enough! Tongue
Thanks given by:
(10-10-2012, 12:31 PM)dallen Wrote: nice knob, whats it go on?
Thanks DA,
It goes on a Roller Bender
The Roller Bender can be seen here http://www.metalworkingfun.com/showthread.php?tid=902

Smiley-eatdrink004
DaveH
Thanks given by:
There are some polishes for acrylics that might work. I use them on pens, sometimes.
Thanks given by:
I don't think acetal shines up too well. I've polished up Corian when I made some pens out of it and it polished up real nice, but Corian is quite a bit harder than acetal. I have some acetal so I'll spend some time and see if I can get it to shine. For the Corian, I started at 400 grit and went up to 1200 grit and then used the polishing compound.

Ed
Thanks given by:
General polishing rule is, the softer the material, the harder it is to get a high polish.

For any plastic, treat it like auto paint, wet rub it with various grades of wet and dry paper finishing with 1500 grit, first rub it length wise then rotate with the next grit, then go lengthwise again, by changing direction you can get rid of all of the marks from the previous grade.

finally use t-cut or some other paint cutting compound and use it on a woolen buff or sponge wheel, and if you want it seriously smooth finish it with car wax.

Regards
Rick
Whatever it is, do it today, Tomorrow may not be an option and regret outlasts fatigue.
Thanks given by:
Today I fitted a wheel to a gate at my Mum's place that required a slot to be cut in some concrete to accommodate the wheel when the gate is closed. I used a 9" grinder to cut some slots in the concrete before taking to it with a hammer and chisel. Had to make one last cut on a tough section when the wheel caught and bucked the grinder.

I felt it hit my leg and looked at the slit it made in my jeans but there was no pain and I thought it had just glanced me. I put the grinder down and decided to have a look. I was wrong - the damn think bit me to the tune of 8 stitches. My dream of becoming a leg model are done now.

Hunting American dentists since 2015.
Thanks given by:
Nice work Darren! Don't give up hope though. If you get a leg full of tattoos, no one will notice the scar. ;)
Thanks given by:
(10-13-2012, 07:32 AM)Mayhem Wrote: My dream of becoming a leg model are done now.

I'm afraid that dream was over before it started Darren..... Rotfl

Sorry to hear of your accident/injury. I'm just glad you were able to walk away from it - literally. Thumbsup

Yep - grinders, power saws and chainsaws. Tools that I always try to leave a clear path for them to travel when things go wrong, that is void of any body parts. Thanks for sharing your experience though, as it will serve as a reminder that it can happen to any one of us at any time. Smiley-signs131

Take your meds and give that leg a chance to heal up. Your projects will still be there waiting for you for as long as it takes. Get well first. Smiley-eatdrink004
Willie
Thanks given by:
Darren,

Did you put in the stitches? Smiley-signs107

Ed
Thanks given by:
(10-13-2012, 07:32 AM)Mayhem Wrote: My dream of becoming a leg model are done now.

No mate, it will add a bit of character. Thumbsup

Take care of it, it needs a few days TLC to recover. A speedy recovery to you Darren.
Smiley-eatdrink004
DaveH
Thanks given by: