Todays Project - What did you do today?
(10-16-2012, 08:18 AM)stevec Wrote: sasq, I'd venture that we don't have to worry about the toxicity of the stuff that stinks, it's the stuff we can't smell that could be killing us.
That is true, the stuff you can't see or smell is nearly always the worse.
Smiley-eatdrink004
DaveH
Thanks given by:
(10-16-2012, 08:20 AM)DaveH Wrote:
(10-16-2012, 08:18 AM)stevec Wrote: sasq, I'd venture that we don't have to worry about the toxicity of the stuff that stinks, it's the stuff we can't smell that could be killing us.
That is true, the stuff you can't see or smell is nearly always the worse.
Smiley-eatdrink004
DaveH

Yup. Many common automotive paints contain di-isocyanates that have exposure limits of 1/10 the odor threshold. Yikes

Just because you can't smell it doesn't mean it isn't hurting you.

Tom
[Image: TomsTechLogo-Profile.png]
Thanks given by:
(10-16-2012, 08:11 AM)sasquatch Wrote: Willie, Re: that stinkin plastic:

I have to seriously wonder WHAT is in that plastic AND if it is harmfull to ones health!!?

Oh, great hairy one... I don't know about the plastic but I know my mail carrier could be harmful to my health if he decides to "go postal" on me.... Rotfl

I know he had to be cussing me the whole time he drove around with that box stinking up his mail truck. Angel

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
Willie
Thanks given by:
(10-15-2012, 12:05 AM)SnailPowered Wrote: Ed, is there blacksmithing sub-forum on here? Like old hammer and anvil type. I know some guys on Weapons Guild were wanting to share some of their blacksmithing projects and some of them are darn good. It's definitely metal working ;)

There is now. It's a sub-forum of Welding and Casting. Happyyes

Ed
Thanks given by:
        This morning I finished my last out job for the year. Time to get back to my own projects. This is a Saito 1.82 cu. in. 2 cylinder 4 stroker. A bundle was save rebuilding this one compared to the price of a new one. I fabricated a new crankshaft. The cam gear and rods are off the shelf. It needs to be run now for an hour or so then it's back to it's owner.

"Billy G"
Thanks given by:
That's some neat engine Billy, what size would it be? I mean, it could be sitting on a 6 yr. old's shorts or a sweat shirt from an NFL linebacker?Big Grin
Busy Bee 12-36 lathe, Busy Bee Mill drill, Busy Bee 4x6 bandsaw, Homemade 9x17 bandsaw, Ad infinitum.
Thanks given by:
Nice Bill, always admired those little engines!!
sasquatch, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun since Jul 2012.
Thanks given by:
Very nice Billy Smiley-signs107
Smiley-eatdrink004
DaveH
Thanks given by:
(10-16-2012, 12:32 PM)EdK Wrote:
(10-15-2012, 12:05 AM)SnailPowered Wrote: Ed, is there blacksmithing sub-forum on here? Like old hammer and anvil type. I know some guys on Weapons Guild were wanting to share some of their blacksmithing projects and some of them are darn good. It's definitely metal working ;)

There is now. It's a sub-forum of Welding and Casting. Happyyes

Ed
YAY! Glad to hear it! Thumbsup

That is an AWESOME engine Billy G. I have a MUCH smaller Saito FA-82A that I have never run hahahah. I bought it used but haven't flown my R/C planes in FAR too long. Thanks for sharing the pictures!
SnailPowered, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun since Aug 2012.
Thanks given by:
Once again not metal working but still a project. The same cottage we shingled the veranda on. Jim had the dry Ash lumber, we planed it and jointed the edges then ship lapped them. Today we laid the flooring. The boards are 5 1/2 wide, (cut out of 1 x 12's) I was afraid of them cupping so we screwed them down, now have to make cherry plugs for the screw holes.

[Image: IMG_0260.jpg]
Free advice is worth exactly what you payed for it.
Greg
Thanks given by: