Todays Project - What did you do today?
(11-16-2012, 07:06 PM)sasquatch Wrote: Today, went and gassed up my truck for the weekend. Got home and see the rear tank strap is broke, hanging down!! (So is the tank!)
Jacked it back up with my hydraulic jack, twisted up some heavy wire, and restrapped it in two places.
Went out to see if it would hold ok, , held ok, but now the tank is leaking, i'm sure out of the top outlet or return line.
Gotta get this FIXED!!

Just be very careful how you go about fixing it. We don't want to hear about you blowing up the vehicle in an attempt to fix the gas leak. Jawdrop

Ed
Thanks given by:
(11-16-2012, 07:06 PM)sasquatch Wrote: Today, went and gassed up my truck for the weekend. Got home and see the rear tank strap is broke, hanging down!! (So is the tank!)
Jacked it back up with my hydraulic jack, twisted up some heavy wire, and restrapped it in two places.
Went out to see if it would hold ok, , held ok, but now the tank is leaking, i'm sure out of the top outlet or return line.
Gotta get this FIXED!!

Been there, done that.
Took the box off to make the job easier. Here's some badies removed.

Sorry I couldn't get the headings over the second pics inline.
In the last pic you can catch the new exhaust system from the CAT back, one of the new shocks, you can't see the new rear tank strap but it's there as well as a new right rear brakeline.

Here's the old sending unit, 24yrs. old. Here's the new stuff mounted.

Busy Bee 12-36 lathe, Busy Bee Mill drill, Busy Bee 4x6 bandsaw, Homemade 9x17 bandsaw, Ad infinitum.
Thanks given by:
Same setup Steve. 92 GM. Cursed road salt!! And dumb place for a fuel tank. All the crap splashes up and sits there right on top the sending unit and fittings.

I miss my old truck it was a 70 Chev, with the seat tank. Those tanks that were inside the cab lasted forever.
sasquatch, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun since Jul 2012.
Thanks given by:
Put new rear calipers on the Honda today. They've been frozen up for quite a while now (rear disk brakes belong on race cars not street cars) and the rotors were severely rusted. Since they were Brembo and not some Chinese crap, I decided to turn them myself, because I could Big Grin. It took me about half an hour because my lathe wasn't big enough to reach both sides in one setup, but they turned out great.

Next project of the day is new bearings in the old shop vac. They were pretty odd bearings and I had to settle for generic electric motor bearings, so at least one of them will require a custom bushing to fit properly. The lathe is earning its keep today.

Tom
[Image: TomsTechLogo-Profile.png]
Thanks given by:
A beautifull sunny day,,spent all day again dismantling and redoing this shaper,, so far it is an easy re-do, very little wear so far.
I wash all the parts outside, (this thing is filthy from sitting for years,) so the warmish sunshine was pretty nice! Finally found a number stamped into the top of the crosslide, 10S18 whatever that means?
Thanks given by:
Went over to a friends today and dug horse radish root we planted a few years ago. Good crop, made up 6 250ml bottles, bring on the beef.
Also came home with a front tire chain for the tractor 6 survey bars and some REALLY heavy copper leads, military surplus.
Free advice is worth exactly what you payed for it.
Greg
Thanks given by:
So that's were the neighbours survey bars went to!! LOL
Thanks given by:
Managed half hour on the mill roughing out the reduction plates for the plasma build.
Also measuring up my brothers 66 Nissan 411 wagon for a brake upgrade and engine swap. Neat little car, will be even neater once it's out of my shed. I can really do with the room!
Thanks given by:
What is the engine swap?
Thanks given by:
I believe that's when you take out one engine and put another one in.
Rotfl Blush
Busy Bee 12-36 lathe, Busy Bee Mill drill, Busy Bee 4x6 bandsaw, Homemade 9x17 bandsaw, Ad infinitum.
Thanks given by: