Todays Project - What did you do today?
I've been building up a new computer the last few days because my old one was dying a slow death. It took longer to install the software than it did to build the computer. In the process, my internet access kept going bad on me. I thought I had traced it down to the wireless router so got a new one and all seemed well, at first. Then yesterday evening I lost internet access again. The new computer is all done and is quite a bit faster than the old one so my CAD program is much snappier. Smile

Ed
Thanks given by:
I assume, by reading your post, that you solved the internet access problem? Good news on the faster operation.Thumbsup
Busy Bee 12-36 lathe, Busy Bee Mill drill, Busy Bee 4x6 bandsaw, Homemade 9x17 bandsaw, Ad infinitum.
Thanks given by:
(11-19-2012, 10:45 AM)stevec Wrote: I assume, by reading your post, that you solved the internet access problem?

Only time will tell. When I went to bed last night, I had no internet access. This morning it was working. 17428

Ed
Thanks given by:
(11-19-2012, 11:05 AM)EdK Wrote:
(11-19-2012, 10:45 AM)stevec Wrote: I assume, by reading your post, that you solved the internet access problem?

Only time will tell. When I went to bed last night, I had no internet access. This morning it was working. 17428

Ed
Ed
sounds like one of them gremlins that hide in the wires and come out at weird times to bite yaBig GrinBig Grin

DA
dallen, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Apr 2012.

If life seems normal, your not going fast enough! Tongue
Thanks given by:
I got online and found out a fiber optic cable had been cut affecting much of the western suburbs and spreading to west central MN. It seems to be fixed now.

Ed
Thanks given by:
I'd love to know a little bit more about fibre optic cable. I was under the impression that each fibre carried different signals, like a zillion co-ax cables bundled together but repair and splicing boggles my mind. Chin
In retrospect it doesn't take much to boggle my mind. Blush
Busy Bee 12-36 lathe, Busy Bee Mill drill, Busy Bee 4x6 bandsaw, Homemade 9x17 bandsaw, Ad infinitum.
Thanks given by:
(11-19-2012, 01:47 PM)EdK Wrote: I got online and found out a fiber optic cable had been cut affecting much of the western suburbs and spreading to west central MN. It seems to be fixed now.

Ed

gophers hate the little pest, have signs on my property lines warning them that I have installed a gopher eradication program and follow it to the letter, actually it was probably a construction outfit. cutting fiber optic lines ain't cheap
dallen, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Apr 2012.

If life seems normal, your not going fast enough! Tongue
Thanks given by:
(11-19-2012, 08:09 AM)sasquatch Wrote: What is the engine swap?

Originally had a J13 in there. Replacing it with a J16.
We dropped it off at the engine builders to get dipped, decked and bored. The builder called back and had a guy in with a crate J16 (brand new, sitting in his shed for the last 20 years. After inspecting it, it all looks good. We'll put a seal kit through it and see how it goes.
It'll be seeing a little AMR500 supercharger join it in the engine bay also.
I'll begin a thread on it when we start installing the charger.
I've built a hi-volume sump ready to go. Mainly as when the J13 was going back in, the sump on it had been damaged at some point and looked ugly.
Thanks given by:
Thanks 4R8, looking forward to your posts.
sasquatch, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun since Jul 2012.
Thanks given by:
Got my fuel leaking truck over to my sons garage, had to install a new tank, and lines.

Should get a bit better gas mileage now!! Lol
sasquatch, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun since Jul 2012.
Thanks given by: