Todays Project - What did you do today?
(12-11-2012, 04:02 PM)Rickabilly Wrote:
(12-07-2012, 09:00 PM)ETC57 Wrote: I 'm a firm believer in hydraulics and diesel fuel when handling sand and gravel. Smiley-eatdrink004
Jerry.Popcorn

I'm interested now Jerry,

How much hydraulic and diesel oil does one need to drink before shovelling gravel gets easy?Smiley-eatdrink004

Whenever I drink Oil I just get the "runs"Rotfl

Best regards
Rick

I let my Kubota tractor do the drinking when gravel is involvedRotflRotfl
Collecting tools for 30 years.
Thanks given by:
Now that right there, that's what I call thinkin,

Let the Kubota do all the drinking, that way it'll finish off the booze, so you're not drunk or hung over when it comes to shifting the gravel,

But I still don't know where the oil comes into the equation

Rotfl
Rick
Whatever it is, do it today, Tomorrow may not be an option and regret outlasts fatigue.
Thanks given by:
Didn't do much of any significance today, had a Dr's Appointment, had to go to the library, refuel the truck,met a couple of friends for a coffee and told some lies, then came back and buffed up some drill bits i had come across that were rusty, and had soaking, they cleaned up nice , "Butterfield", "P&N", and one "Morrow" made in Canada.

Oh,, yes,, and shovelled more &&^%* SNOW!!
sasquatch, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun since Jul 2012.
Thanks given by:
Rick a front end loader or dozier won't get much done if the implements have no hydraulics with which to make them work. Chin
Jerry.Popcorn
ETC57, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Feb 2012.
Thanks given by:
(12-08-2012, 10:14 PM)DanH Wrote: As for projects, I finished up the y-axis DRO scale installation on my mill today. It's always amazing to me how long things seem to take to get done. I am real happy with how it turned out so far and I am planning on working on the monitor support arm tomorrow. The arm that came with the kit is too short for my setup so I will be making a longer arm and a new bracket. Most of the parts in the kit haven't been what I really wanted so I have been making new ones as I go along. It's actually very relaxing after a hectic week at work.

I have to agree, I am in the process of mounting the same DRO you have and it is taking forever to fabricate the brackets and get everything mounted. I have the same problem with the arm for the DRO head being to short, I like your approach. I was considering using the basic arm and making an adjustable extension that would have a flexible joint to allow it to pivot.

I ended up not using any of the mounting brackets at all and made all of my own as well. Nice parts just would not adapt.
ml_woy, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun since Jul 2012.
Thanks given by:
Finally got around to making some pseudo T-nuts for my welding bench. The reason I say pseudo is that I didn't thread them, as initially I was going to weld a stud to base of the two toggle clamps I have, so I can also use them on my drill press. Then I realized that if I did that, I couldn't use them on my mill. So, they will be used with a bolt and a wing nut.

The two square plates will be used with the T's to allow other items to be bolted down to the table or with a bolt and two nuts to provide support.

Nothing special, all bits out of the scrap box
Hunting American dentists since 2015.
Thanks given by:
Nice job Mayhem !!
Thanks given by: Mayhem
I finished the wiper plates for Kaoma the other day and finally got them sent off to him.

Ed

Thanks given by:
Looks great Ed, nice work!!
Thanks given by: EdK
Ed,
You have done a nice job Smiley-signs107
Smiley-eatdrink004
DaveH
Thanks given by: EdK