Todays Project - What did you do today?
Looking good Ed!Smiley-signs107
Tom there on my list!Smiley-eatdrink004
Jerry.
ETC57, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Feb 2012.
Thanks given by: EdK
Brrrr, a cool damp wind!!

Spent the day helping my son install a 12,000 lb "Rotary Lift" 2 post hoist in his garage.
It is up, and in place, tommorrow finish off the electrics/ hydraulics, lots of little things yet to get tidied up.
sasquatch, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun since Jul 2012.
Thanks given by:
Got'r done. Another one off of the list.

T-nuts for my tilting table for the mill. It didn't come with any t-nuts so I made a couple right away and then the last time I used it, I needed more than the two I had made so I had to add that to my long list. The black one on the right is what I started with. These t-nuts were from one of those cheap mill clamp kits. I just had to tweak the width of the t-nuts at both places, the table slot width and the wider slot width.

Ed

Thanks given by:
Nice work Ed, seems i always need a number of "T" nuts, so bought a dozen extra.
Well you have been hard at it, Ed Rotfl Smiley-signs107
Smiley-eatdrink004
DaveH
The last couple of days I have been making some aids for the shop. My table saw need a narrow insert for cutting small pieces of wood and I need a set of disposable parallels for my milling machine and drill press vices.

So after a trip to the local scrap dealer and two days here is the output. Nothing fancy, just functional.

ml_woy, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun since Jul 2012.
Thanks given by:
A couple of very useful tools you've made there ml_woy. I've made inserts for my table saw but made them out of wood and when the humidity gets high enough they swell and don't fit too well. They are nice though since you can plunge the blade up through the wood insert and end up with the smallest slit possible for that particular blade.

Ed
Thanks given by: ml_woy
I like your disposable parallels - good idea and very useful Smiley-signs107
Smiley-eatdrink004
DaveH
Thanks given by: ml_woy
Back at son's today to help finish up hooking up the stuff on his vehicle hoist.

I got there and was amazed to find it done already and his truck sitting on the hoist up in the air!! Two buddies had dropped in last night, so he and them worked till about 11:00pm and got it finished.
Seems to work nice and smooth , just the little cable that releases the ratchet locks now needs to be slacked off a tiny bit.
Thanks given by:
(12-27-2012, 06:57 PM)EdK Wrote: Got'r done. Another one off of the list.

T-nuts for my tilting table for the mill. It didn't come with any t-nuts so I made a couple right away and then the last time I used it, I needed more than the two I had made so I had to add that to my long list. The black one on the right is what I started with. These t-nuts were from one of those cheap mill clamp kits. I just had to tweak the width of the t-nuts at both places, the table slot width and the wider slot width.

Ed

Nice work Ed
Whenever I have to make T nuts I always make an extra strip or 2 of that size and throw it in the cupboard. That way when ever I need another or a special one I have it on hand without setting up and making it all over again.

Dave