Todays Project - What did you do today?
(02-08-2013, 02:27 PM)f350ca Wrote: Ed
You must have been posting at the same time I was. Thats a pretty cool machine, hadn't seen one before. Would probably be a lot faster than my method. I've seen people use biscuit joiners but they don't have the strength needed.

17428 I didn't post anything about a machine. I think you must be referring to Wawoodman's post about the Festool Domino.

Ed
Thanks given by:
Opps, sorry Wawoodman and Ed , right answer wrong direction, can we blame this on an age thing.
Free advice is worth exactly what you payed for it.
Greg
Thanks given by:
Got a little more cabinet work done today but with the fresh snow the dog and I had to get out for a run on the snow mobile. Came across a lady with a dog sled, I'm sure Saddie was snickering and thinking suckers as she rode by on the back of the skidoo.
Greg
Thanks given by:
HP, they do have a sort of limiter for that, but it's set high enough to allow for pretty heavy cutting forces, so wouldn't have prevented the accident. Some (older ones mainly) have a load meter that is based on the current draw of the spindle motor, but nothing for the feed motors themselves, directly. Different controls have different features. In program, they can be shut down by overload caused by dull tooling, but in manual mode, whether by dial or joystick, nothing protects you from running over stuff except the travel limit switches.

BTW, I am working on converting one of my steadies to rollers.....hot topic for some who don't like them, but I prefer them.

Nice work, Greg. A good mortiser is a real labor saver.
Thanks given by:
(02-08-2013, 10:35 PM)Tony Wells Wrote: BTW, I am working on converting one of my steadies to rollers.....hot topic for some who don't like them, but I prefer them.

I guess it's a good thing Baskin Robins has 31 flavors then.

I won't know unless I try them for myself, so they are on the to-do list.
Willie
Thanks given by:
Machine recycling. Charlie took this picture of a desk at the Brick works in Toronto, a renovated brick kiln. Think its a metal planner.
[Image: IMG_8395.jpg]
Greg
Thanks given by:
That's a cute little planer, I've never seen one that small. It's a shame that it has been converted to a desk, but it beats ending up in some Chinese steel mill. At least it's preserved.

Tom
[Image: TomsTechLogo-Profile.png]
Thanks given by:
Now that's a cool way to recycle some old iron.

Ed
Thanks given by:
Todays' project was a no brainer, difficult though. This is a hell of a way to spend Birthday #67. We started at 7:30 AM and finished around 3:00 PM. Can you say TIRED. That's 30 inches of snow.

"Billy G" Smiley-signs131

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:
Happy Birthday Bill, Smiley-eatdrink004
I'll bet that even though it wasn't fun it's nice to know you still can!! SweatSmiley-signs107Thumbsup
And the grand kids quietly take note while reminding each other, don't get on grandpa's bad side cause he's still got it!! Smiley-eatdrink004Rotfl
Jerry. Popcorn
ETC57, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Feb 2012.
Thanks given by: