Todays Project - What did you do today?
(03-17-2013, 09:56 AM)Mayhem Wrote: I recall it being rather clean Tom. Did you clean up especially for me?

Nah, it get's a major purge once a year whether it needs it or not. You just happened to hit it "post purge". It's still fairly orderly, but no where near what it was when you were here.

Time
[Image: TomsTechLogo-Profile.png]
Thanks given by:
Rick arrived with another gear today. This one measured up with only .0002 interference. Still had to warm it up to get it on.
Free advice is worth exactly what you payed for it.
Greg
Thanks given by:
Working on making new gear change handles for my mill. The originals are plastic and just turn on the shaft most of the time. Got the aluminum blanks ready for further machining.

Ed

Thanks given by:
Man! they look considerable wider than the originals. are you going for a re-design?
Busy Bee 12-36 lathe, Busy Bee Mill drill, Busy Bee 4x6 bandsaw, Homemade 9x17 bandsaw, Ad infinitum.
Thanks given by:
(03-23-2013, 12:25 PM)stevec Wrote: Man! they look considerable wider than the originals. are you going for a re-design?

Steve,

They will be close to the same size, within .050" anyway. I think it's just an optical delusion because of the different distances at which I took the pictures and the crop factor when editing them for the internet.

Ed

Thanks given by:
You'll have even more "optical delusions" when you start homebrewing, right Steve?
[Image: TomsTechLogo-Profile.png]
Thanks given by:
(03-23-2013, 01:22 PM)TomG Wrote: You'll have even more "optical delusions" when you start homebrewing, right Steve?

I sure hope so. 5176

Ed
Thanks given by:
I'll have another peek at the pics after I've had a few, maybe the "delusions" decrease with amount of beer consumed. Rotfl
Ed, those aluminum "blanks sure do look like the right size with the "faulty" levers sitting on 'em! 5176
Busy Bee 12-36 lathe, Busy Bee Mill drill, Busy Bee 4x6 bandsaw, Homemade 9x17 bandsaw, Ad infinitum.
Thanks given by:
After beating my brazed carbide face mill to death a while back, I decided that rather than toss it I'd convert it to HSS. It works fine, finish is very good, but modifying the old holder for setscrews only allowed 3 teeth because of the existing construction. In hindsight, it might have been smarter to toss it and start from scratch...

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:
(03-23-2013, 05:59 PM)Sunset Machine Wrote: After beating my brazed carbide face mill to death a while back, I decided that rather than toss it I'd convert it to HSS. It works fine, finish is very good, but modifying the old holder for setscrews only allowed 3 teeth because of the existing construction. In hindsight, it might have been smarter to toss it and start from scratch...

If it works then that certainly wasn't a waste of time. I'd say you've got a perfectly usable tool there.

Ed
Thanks given by: