Todays Project - What did you do today?
Milled a 3/16" keyway in my pulley making arbor that will get used tomorrow making a pulley for a PM member...Bob

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Bob Wright
Metal Master Fab
Salem Ohio
Birthplace of the Silver and Deming drill bit.
5 Lathes, SBL Shaper, Lewis Mill, 7 drill presses, 5 welders...
Thanks given by:
I hope you didn't pay too much for that milling attachment. <chuckle>
(That's his toolpost, you guyz)
Thanks given by: aametalmaster
(03-23-2013, 07:27 PM)Sunset Machine Wrote: I hope you didn't pay too much for that milling attachment. <chuckle>
(That's his toolpost, you guyz)

I have more money in the clamp :) even the china ones aren't cheap LOL...Bob
Bob Wright
Metal Master Fab
Salem Ohio
Birthplace of the Silver and Deming drill bit.
5 Lathes, SBL Shaper, Lewis Mill, 7 drill presses, 5 welders...
Thanks given by:
Used the little CNC mill to drill holes in a tube for a new muffler for my 1965 Honda CT200. 896 holes in 16 rows.

Mike

If you can't get one, make one.

Hawkeye, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Jan 2013.
Thanks given by:
That bike looks very similar to the bikes the postmen here use. Funniest thing I ever saw was one on which someone had put ape hanger handle bars!

I made up a simple holder today for a friend of mine to sharpen the cutters for one of his woodworking machines. He makes wooden flooring/shingles etc and was given a tool and cutter grinder by a guy he knows. He needed something that would hold the cutters perfectly perpendicular to the wheel.

I started with a section of 3/4" square stock and turned down one end so it would sit in the socket on the grinder. Note, I used Dave's trick of slitting a section of pipe to enable it to be centred in a 3-jaw chuck. Next I plug welded a small piece of plate to the bar, to act as a register for locating the cutters. Plug welding prevents the plate pulling to one side and ensure it stays level. Next the hole was drilled and tapped to take a M6x1 screw to hold the cutter.

A shim needs to be inserted under the cutter to allow for the carbide which overhangs slightly to provide clearance. There are Left and Right cutters, so this has to be able to accommodate both. I gave it a quick prime and he will paint it at his leisure. He was very pleased.

Hunting American dentists since 2015.
Thanks given by:
Damn nice job Mayhem Smiley-signs107
I bet he was pleased Thumbsup
Smiley-eatdrink004
DaveH
Thanks given by: Mayhem
Great bunch of fine work guys!!
sasquatch, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun since Jul 2012.
Thanks given by:
There sure is a lot of talent on this forum Smiley-signs107
ETC57, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Feb 2012.
Thanks given by:
Not feeling just 100%, so went on a road trip with my son to buy a Tire Changer machine for his garage. This is fairly new and will handle up to 20 inch wheels. (The 22 inch adapter is available from "Coates"

WHY DO WE NEED 22 inch WHEELS!!??????????????? (Going back to the "OLD" car wheel sizes!)
sasquatch, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun since Jul 2012.
Thanks given by:
(03-27-2013, 06:40 PM)sasquatch Wrote: WHY DO WE NEED 22 inch WHEELS!!??????????????? (Going back to the "OLD" car wheel sizes!)
Tell me about it! Slaphead
Busy Bee 12-36 lathe, Busy Bee Mill drill, Busy Bee 4x6 bandsaw, Homemade 9x17 bandsaw, Ad infinitum.
Thanks given by: