Todays Project - What did you do today?
I thought he said eclectic?
Busy Bee 12-36 lathe, Busy Bee Mill drill, Busy Bee 4x6 bandsaw, Homemade 9x17 bandsaw, Ad infinitum.
Thanks given by:
Finished the shingles and soffit on the end. Still need some trim around the upper door and edges but need to find a log to saw.

[Image: IMG_0658%2520copy.jpg]
Free advice is worth exactly what you payed for it.
Greg
Thanks given by:
Greg,

Are you going to put a deck for that upper door or a stairway leading up to it?
Nice shingle job by the way. Thumbsup

Ed
Thanks given by:
Well finally put these drawers on the roll around welding table, only took 20 years, just need to get the rules, markers, tape off the top. This is for welding sheet metal aka car parts, there is a bunch or adjustable holders that attach to the table. A little tribute to a famous philosopher in the paint colors.
No it is not attached with duct tape!!!! Rotfl

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

oldgoaly, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Jun 2013.
Thanks given by:
(06-27-2013, 06:20 PM)EdK Wrote: Greg,

Are you going to put a deck for that upper door or a stairway leading up to it?
Nice shingle job by the way. Thumbsup

Ed

The door was a during thought when I was building, it gets used to pass lumber up to the cabinet shop from the drive. Watch that first step, its a doozy.
Free advice is worth exactly what you payed for it.
Greg
Thanks given by:
I was going to suggest at least a pile of wood chips underneath it. Smiley-signs131

Oh and by the way, Smiley-signs107 on the siding.

Tom
[Image: TomsTechLogo-Profile.png]
Thanks given by:
(06-27-2013, 07:10 PM)f350ca Wrote: ...Watch that first step, its a doozy.

Rotfl
Thanks given by:
(06-27-2013, 06:57 PM)oldgoaly Wrote: Well finally put these drawers on the roll around welding table, only took 20 years,

Quite quick really then Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
Smiley-eatdrink004
DaveH
Thanks given by: oldgoaly
Got some spacers made for the front axles of the lawn mower. Not much of a challenge but it's one more item off of my list of things to do. I'm putting the lawn mower up for sale and want to get it ready while mowing season is still here.

Ed

Thanks given by:
I made this fun little taper reamer yesterday for a fixture I'm building for work. One of the parts required a tapered bore to accept a fine point Sharpie and the only way I could think to make a tapered bore that long was with a single flute reamer, or "D" drill. I used a piece of drill rod and turned the taper leaving a temporary full diameter section on the end. Then I grabbed it in the mill vise and milled the tapered section exactly to center to create a cutting edge, removed the temporary end and ground a little relief on the end so it would cut as well. Since the part getting reamed was aluminum and it was a one time use, there was no need to harden the reamer. I'm always amazed that these things cut but it worked like a champ.

Tom

[Image: 081.JPG]
[Image: TomsTechLogo-Profile.png]
Thanks given by: