Todays Project - What did you do today?
Greg that is a a lot of wood! we have between 4-8 chords cut and split. Limbs are blowing out of the trees directly on the stack. We have never been good at stacking, depending on how many pallets and plastic we have down we tend to toss the little ones on top, We have a fireplace and a small wood stove in the basement, one of these days we will get a real wood stove there. we have a bunch unsplit, we have a tree service that drops off wood and chips for free. Plus living on a farm we have lots of trees! a few dead ones that need taking down. Just a pic of part of the woodpile

oldgoaly, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Jun 2013.
Thanks given by:
Free wood is always good. I buy a tog truck load, much easier than cutting that many trees. I burn about 20 cord in a boiler to heat the house and shop. Speeking of free wood thats todays project, someone wants a bunch of cedar hauled away, should be good for shingles and some trim on the building.
Free advice is worth exactly what you payed for it.
Greg
Thanks given by:
He means about 7 cord. Rant

From Wikepedia

"The cord is a unit of measure of dry volume used in Canada and the United States to measure firewood and pulpwood. A cord is the amount of wood that, when "ranked and well stowed" (arranged so pieces are aligned, parallel, touching and compact), occupies a volume of 128 cubic feet (3.62 m3).[1] This corresponds to a well stacked woodpile 4 feet (122 cm) high, 8 feet (244 cm) long, and 4 feet (122 cm) deep; or any other arrangement of linear measurements that yields the same volume."
Busy Bee 12-36 lathe, Busy Bee Mill drill, Busy Bee 4x6 bandsaw, Homemade 9x17 bandsaw, Ad infinitum.
Thanks given by:
In this heat it felt more like 20 cord than 7 of yours.
Todays project, a friend was cleaning up a lot for someone, wondered if i wanted the cedar logs, OF COARSE. Some are small but a nice haul when all I had to do was load them.

[Image: IMG_0663%2520copy.jpg]
Free advice is worth exactly what you payed for it.
Greg
Thanks given by:
Nice haul Greg, there'll be a few shingles there.
Busy Bee 12-36 lathe, Busy Bee Mill drill, Busy Bee 4x6 bandsaw, Homemade 9x17 bandsaw, Ad infinitum.
Thanks given by:
Yes, I watched the video, numerous times in fact. Here's the result of my studious efforts. Big Grin

Ed

Thanks given by:
Oooooohhh...... shiny! Smiley-eatdrink004

Smiley-signs107
Willie
Thanks given by:
Nice job Ed. That ought to do the job.

BTW Willie, it looks like I missed one of your questions a while back. That tapered "D" reamer had to have a square end, so I left the reamer square to the center line with a few degrees of clearance then relieved the the back side a few degrees just to get it out of the way, sort of like the end of a gun drill.

Tom
[Image: TomsTechLogo-Profile.png]
Thanks given by: Highpower , EdK
Nice one Ed, see you found your 'shiny camera' Big Grin
Smiley-eatdrink004
DaveH
Thanks given by:
(07-10-2013, 01:43 PM)DaveH Wrote: Nice one Ed, see you found your 'shiny camera' Big Grin
Smiley-eatdrink004
DaveH

Yup, it comes and goes though. Blink

Ed
Thanks given by: