Todays Project - What did you do today?
Back shingling the shop.
[Image: IMG_0664.jpg]
Free advice is worth exactly what you payed for it.
Greg
Thanks given by:
Getting there Greg. Is that a sump pump discharge pipe sticking out of the wall?

Ed
Thanks given by:
A sink drain, when I was running the heating pipes from the boiler I put a 1/2 inch pex line between them running from the house to the shop. In winter I get 160 deg water to wash my hands, in summer not quite so hot.
Greg
Thanks given by: EdK
Looking good Greg. What are you going to do with all your time when you are finished?

Tom
[Image: TomsTechLogo-Profile.png]
Thanks given by:
Tom im sure your the same as me, the list is so long now I'd need to live to be 150 to get caught up let alone the new things I think of.
Greg
Thanks given by:
(07-10-2013, 10:18 PM)f350ca Wrote: Tom im sure your the same as me, the list is so long now I'd need to live to be 150 to get caught up let alone the new things I think of.
At the speed the years have me slowing down, living to 150 won't do it. Smiley-signs131
Busy Bee 12-36 lathe, Busy Bee Mill drill, Busy Bee 4x6 bandsaw, Homemade 9x17 bandsaw, Ad infinitum.
Thanks given by:
Nothing too flash - In fact, downright ugly but it did the jobBig Grin

I made a dual purpose pin wrench and a hook wrench to take apart the spindle pulley bearing assembly for my mill. The pin wrench I made when I initially stripped the mill down failed, as the pins bent. This got put on the shelf until I saw it today.

This time I used roll pins, as they are harder. As there are two nuts that need removing, I used one block of scrap steel and three pins to cover both spacings. The hook wrench is simply a piece of pipe cut in half with a 1/4-20 thread for a screw.

Note the damage done by whoever had this mill previously Bash
Hunting American dentists since 2015.
Thanks given by:
It's always a shame to see damage like that when you tear down a machine. The former users/abusers must have been real hacks.

Nice job on the wrenches Darren.

Tom
[Image: TomsTechLogo-Profile.png]
Thanks given by:
Good idea using the roll pins. Did you weld those in or are they just press fit.

Ed
Thanks given by:
Thanks guys

Fortunately, the damage here isn't critical but it does make you wonder about the quality of the "machinists" that had it...

The pins are a press fit. The excess the poked through the back was ground off so as not to foul the use of the other side.
Hunting American dentists since 2015.
Thanks given by: EdK