Todays Project - What did you do today?
take an old adjustable spanner and drill a couple holes in the jaws and press in some pins then you have and adjustable pin spanner
dallen, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Apr 2012.

If life seems normal, your not going fast enough! Tongue
Thanks given by:
Did some repairs on the door of the backhoe. As an added payment Jonny dug out a couple of rocks that were sticking out of the driveway.
The machine couldn't lift the big one with the dipper. He had to extend the stabilizers to clear the hole then swing it over.
[Image: IMG_0688.jpg]
Free advice is worth exactly what you payed for it.
Greg
Thanks given by:
Good deal Greg! Thumbsup

I've always been amazed that when you remove a rock of ,say, 10 cu. ft. you need at least 12 cu feet of whatever to fill the hole.
17428 Rotfl
Busy Bee 12-36 lathe, Busy Bee Mill drill, Busy Bee 4x6 bandsaw, Homemade 9x17 bandsaw, Ad infinitum.
Thanks given by:
The rock is solid Steve - the dirt compacts.
Hunting American dentists since 2015.
Thanks given by:
Holes are magic - for a start, it is difficult to have half a hole Rotfl
Have you ever noticed how concrete seems to disappear when it is thrown into a hole Rotfl
Smiley-eatdrink004
DaveH
Thanks given by:
I milled some flats on the top and bottom of the wire guide to make it a little easier to set up in the tool holder.

Ed

Thanks given by:
made a knob

[Image: knob0000.jpg]

Thanks given by:
Made some thumb screws to replace the normal M4 screws that retain the side cover on my mig welder.

The knurls didn't come out as well as I hoped on a couple of them:

Blackened by heating and dunking in old motor oil:

On the welder:

Also made a wooden handle for the poker that I use when melting metal. I grabbed the wrong end once, so I'm hoping the handle should prevent that Big Grin Unsure what the wood is but it turned quite nicely.

Hunting American dentists since 2015.
Thanks given by:
(07-25-2013, 08:26 AM)dallen Wrote: take an old adjustable spanner and drill a couple holes in the jaws and press in some pins then you have and adjustable pin spanner

What kind of pins and where do I get them? Hardened? Spring?

Chuck
Micromark 7x14 Lathe, X2 Mill , old Green 4x6 bandsaw
The difficult takes me a while, the impossible takes a little longer.
Thanks given by:
use hardened dowel pins I normally when wanting good ones buy them at Fastenal.

if you use one of the ole Monkey Wrench's you can put them in either the end of the jaws or the side, with a cresent wrench you only have one option thats the side.

another trick is to drill a hole in the top jaw of a pair of channel lock pliers and drive in a dowel pin now you have and adjustable hook spanner.

Thanks given by: