Todays Project - What did you do today?
Today I took on the last corner of the shop that needed reorganization and cleaning. This is what it looked like in April of 2010, and you can just imagine that in the time that's passed since then I'd added a lot more stock (mostly short drops.) Russ had gifted me a couple boxes of drops of aluminum and some steels, plus I'd bought some myself. It was spread far beyond what you see surrounding the bandsaw.

[Image: IMG_0299-r_zpsa925af5b.jpg]

I asked my son a couple days ago if he'd help me build a wooden rack to hold both the longer pieces (most of them rounds) and the drops. As is common with our twenty-something kids, he deferred at the last minute because he wanted to spend time with his girlfriend. So I pondered the project with paper and pencil in hand and come up with a great idea....hit Craigslist to see what I could find. Big Grin

And THIS is what I found for $150:

[Image: IMG_20130921_183013607_zps0a75d43a.jpg]

Now this is the area around the bandsaw. This is just a tease. When Darren gets here tomorrow he'll be the first to see it all done, then I'll post photos of the whole shop in our "let's see your shop" section. I'll even add a couple of "before" photos that I hadn't shared in my previous posts there because I was too embarrassed to show how bad it had gotten ( though no fault of mine.)

[Image: IMG_20130921_183000480_zps37844962.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I'm looking forward to tomorrow Big Grin

Wasn't your (very nice) drill sharpener where the metal rack is?
Hunting American dentists since 2015.
Thanks given by:
See? I'm not the only one who cleans up the shop when Darren comes to town. Big Grin

Tom
[Image: TomsTechLogo-Profile.png]
Thanks given by:
Darren,

Please come to Minnesota so I can get my shop cleaned up. Worthy

Ed
Thanks given by:
He'll be flying over tomorrow, does that count? RotflRotfl
Thanks given by:
(09-21-2013, 07:42 PM)Mayhem Wrote: I'm looking forward to tomorrow Big Grin

Wasn't your (very nice) drill sharpener where the metal rack is?

Yes, and when you get there you'll see some noticeable changes in the layout. I may change it further, and I think I'm going to be painting the bare wood walls to white to make it even brighter in there.
Thanks given by:
(09-21-2013, 10:20 PM)TomG Wrote: He'll be flying over tomorrow, does that count? RotflRotfl

Close enough! Big Grin

Ed
Thanks given by:
Made a circle cutter for a modeling friend. Range is 3/4" R to 6" R

"Billy G"

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:
That looks good Bill, your friend will be pleased.
Smiley-eatdrink004
DaveH
Thanks given by:
Is someone building model airplanes?
Thanks given by: