Todays Project - What did you do today?
(10-10-2013, 07:14 AM)stevec Wrote: Hey guys! I was only kidding. Blush

We know that Steve - but I think credit is due here (no pun intended). Ken could charge me decent money for his time and equally so for materials, wear on tools etc. He has sold me some tooling over the years and has charged me a fraction of what he could easily sell if for elsewhere. The dollar is not his motivation and I think that is fast becoming a thing of the past.

He will probably find this post to be embarrassing or prefer that I hadn't posted it, as he doesn't do it for his ego either - he is simply happy to pass on his knowledge and skills and help others out.
Hunting American dentists since 2015.
Thanks given by:
got to feeling good enough after being sick all week to make this brass part.

[Image: new-style-ratchet-pawl0006.jpg]
dallen, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Apr 2012.

If life seems normal, your not going fast enough! Tongue
Thanks given by:
The brass part looks great, though the machined steel casting it's sitting on looks far more interesting!

Glad you're feeling better.
Thanks given by:
Yikes It was CURTAINS for the Beaver Partsmaster CNC Mill today Yikes

Ok no, I didn't lay it to rest Big Grin

At one end of the cabinet is an opening with a pvc curtain, through which originally a robotic arm would poke its high tech fist and put work in a hydraulic vice. When using flood coolant the curtain is supposed to contain it, but in practice it ends up on the floor.

When I looked at the original, instead of being made from overlapping individual pvc strips, someone had cut it from a full sheet, leaving the top inch or so uncut. With no overlap of course the curtain doesn't always seal, and anyway it was yellowed and sticky with age.

eBay kindly provided me with a roll of 100 mm x 20 m proper curtain pvc and it got fitted today with a 17mm overlap on each fall - hopefully now the floor will stay dry.

I can see why the previous fellow cut it from one sheet - major pain getting them all trapped between the holding bars and at the right spacing.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Andrew Mawson, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Oct 2013.
Thanks given by:
Looks good Andrew, a lot better than the old one. Smiley-signs107
Smiley-eatdrink004
DaveH
Thanks given by:
(10-12-2013, 11:00 AM)PixMan Wrote: The brass part looks great, though the machined steel casting it's sitting on looks far more interesting!

Glad you're feeling better.

I wish I was able to cast Steel, its aluminum, if I get this one done and like the looks of it I will do it in cast iron, am still hoping on getting a photo from the guy in fairbanks Alaska so I can see how the original was actually shaped.

I like the way this one looks a lot more then the second on that I did which stuck way up in the air and looked kinda like a ping pong paddle.

DA
dallen, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Apr 2012.

If life seems normal, your not going fast enough! Tongue
Thanks given by:
Finally got a couple of racks made for storing threaded rod and small bar stock. Nothing fancy, started with 22 gauge 36" wide stock (that was the bottom of the pile. Cut 7.5" by 18" strips then punched holes, which was a real pain! I actually had my wife use the Whitney punch, the enlarged to .75" then to 1.25 with the Greenlee KO set. A .75 flange along each edge. It's pop riveted together, pretty solid, better than I thought. The plan is to screw them to the wall, but need to find the empty space!

oldgoaly, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Jun 2013.
Thanks given by:
Nice project oldgoaly,, i like that!!
sasquatch, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun since Jul 2012.
Thanks given by: oldgoaly
Very neat OLDGOALY.
Andrew Mawson, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Oct 2013.
How very organizational of you. Thumbsup

I use a few short lengths of 6" PVC. It gets the job done but requires a bit of going through to find what you need.

Tom
[Image: TomsTechLogo-Profile.png]