Todays Project - What did you do today?
(03-01-2014, 12:12 PM)TomG Wrote: Nice job Paul.

I have one of those forgings sitting around waiting for some machine time. The company that makes them is a half hour drive from me, Brass Aluminum Forging Enterprises and I've heard that they will sell to individuals in small quantities for $16 a part. Of course I heard it on the internet so it must be true. Chin

They also make the upper and handle forgings.

Tom

I guess I'll find out shortly since I just fired off an email to them. I told them a guy that lives just down the road from them is spreading the word on the internet about the great deal(s) they have. I'm sure they will be wanting to send a thank you card for the increase in sales. Big Grin
Willie
Thanks given by:
they give you a decent price on the forgings I would go for a couple

DA
dallen, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Apr 2012.

If life seems normal, your not going fast enough! Tongue
Thanks given by:
The last few I bought from Tactical Innovations for $29.99 each. A few weeks later they were $75 each. Yikes

They have since come back down and are now listed "on sale" for $24.99, but of course they are now out of stock. Rolleyes

So yeah, anything =<$20 would be pretty good.
Willie
Thanks given by:
(03-01-2014, 04:45 PM)Highpower Wrote:
(03-01-2014, 12:12 PM)TomG Wrote: Nice job Paul.

I have one of those forgings sitting around waiting for some machine time. The company that makes them is a half hour drive from me, Brass Aluminum Forging Enterprises and I've heard that they will sell to individuals in small quantities for $16 a part. Of course I heard it on the internet so it must be true. Chin

They also make the upper and handle forgings.

Tom

I guess I'll find out shortly since I just fired off an email to them. I told them a guy that lives just down the road from them is spreading the word on the internet about the great deal(s) they have. I'm sure they will be wanting to send a thank you card for the increase in sales. Big Grin

Thanks Willlie. Bash

I had a contact name at one time. I'll see if I can track it down.

Tom
[Image: TomsTechLogo-Profile.png]
Thanks given by:
I have a forging that is a project for my lathe at a later date. Recently traded some ammunition for a stripped lower with custom engraving. Don't care about the custom engraving but I do have plans for an AR-15 in my 6mm/.257/6.5mm wildcat I designed. Big Grin
SnailPowered, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun since Aug 2012.
Thanks given by:
OK, here's the post from CNCGUNS. It's from 2010, so I don't know if they are still available:

I got permission to advertise this on cncguns.com from the general manager of Brass Aluminum Forging Enterprises . They sell all of the aluminum parts for AR's. They sell lowers (any quantity from 1 to 100) for $13 each. They are American made forged and heat treated to mil-spec. These are the same lowers being sold by another company for 5 for $100. The general manager is Kim Weishan and he can be contacted at 248.542.9258. Please mention you are a cncguns.com forum member so he can keep track of how effective this site is. At this point I have no pictures and the only info I know about the forging stamp is that it says F-109-17. I am awaiting more info from the company

Tom
[Image: TomsTechLogo-Profile.png]
Thanks given by:
A friend asked me if I'd make some tooling for his to use in his job as a helicopter mechanic. All the pieces need knurling, so I made up a holder to mount my knurler in the QCTP on the big lathe.

Mike

If you can't get one, make one.

Hawkeye, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Jan 2013.
Thanks given by:
My friend needed some longer screws for a set of bearing greasers, and a weight for a slide hammer to pull a particular cartridge. The aluminum he had turned out to be really nice to machine. Since the threaded sections were fairly thin, I singlepointed the threads to start and finished with dies.

The only thing I can't do is anodizing.

Mike

Thanks given by:
Nice job on those parts Mike, You should get into anodizing but if your like me you spread to thin all ready.Yikes

Paul
Old Iron`, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Feb 2014.
Thanks given by:
The number one reason for not getting into anodizing is that I don't have the room. I think it would be fun to try.
Mike

Thanks given by: