Todays Project - What did you do today?
David,

Those fans need some serious attention. Big Grin

Ed
Thanks given by:
Nothing an airline won't solve :)
Andrew Mawson, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Oct 2013.
Thanks given by:
(04-30-2014, 09:42 PM)f350ca Wrote: Thats pretty neat, are the drivers for the steppers and breakout board mounted inside the case of the computer running it?

yes all the stepper controls are in the case with the motherboard and hard drive.

(05-01-2014, 05:18 AM)EdK Wrote: David,
Those fans need some serious attention. Big Grin
Ed

Yes Ed they need some cleaning which I still have to do, the computer that I junked for this came from a friend that smoked, the original motherboard in he case was bad and they never put out the money for me to rebuild the computer so its been under a bench for a couple years till I dragged it out and gutted it for this. The fans look a lot better now then they did when I started. But it has a trip to the air compressor scheduled in the next day or two.

(05-01-2014, 07:51 AM)awemawson Wrote: Nothing an airline won't solve :)

All in good time.

DA
dallen, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Apr 2012.

If life seems normal, your not going fast enough! Tongue
Thanks given by:
Greg,
They do look goodThumbsup Worthy
Smiley-eatdrink004
DaveH
Thanks given by: f350ca
I used to fix computers in Stock Brokers offices in the City of London when smoking was common, and I think that they were probably chain smokers. Inside those cabinets was a health hazard. Trouble is the tarry stuff glues up the dusty stuff resulting in thick layers of crud . . . glad those days are over !
Andrew Mawson, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Oct 2013.
Thanks given by:
Make sure your compressed air is nice and dry.
I once dropped by a supplier I used on a Saturday, the office staff wasn't at work and the Boss was blowing out the computers with shop air and I could see the fog of water coming out of the air jet! I've often wondered how well the 'putters performed after that folly. Ouch
Busy Bee 12-36 lathe, Busy Bee Mill drill, Busy Bee 4x6 bandsaw, Homemade 9x17 bandsaw, Ad infinitum.
Thanks given by:
The ever-continuing challenge of making room in our small shops. I was staring at a pile of stuff next to my vertical mill the other day and realized that another mill tender (tool cart) like the one I made for the Victoria would make some valuable storage space. Since they are on castors, it would be easy to pull it out to access the shelves behind for the less-used stuff.

Princess Auto (A bit like HF) often has furniture dollies for around $10. I can't buy four castors that cheaply. About 9 feet of 1" angle iron and 8 feet of 1 1/2" angle iron make up the frame. Then, some pieces of scrap plywood and some drawer slides and it's done.

The tender is strong enough to hold heavy items like mill vises and dividing heads.

Mike

If you can't get one, make one.

Hawkeye, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Jan 2013.
Thanks given by:
Been building a set of kitchen cabinets. Black cherry. Still have a large island with a maple butcher block top and glass doored overhead cabinets to do.
This is just a tung oil first coat. The tung oil penetrates, brings out the grain and sets the surface fibbers, this gets sanded out with 320 grit then hand rubbed varnish for a top coat.
[Image: IMG_1146.jpg]

[Image: IMG_1147.jpg]

Not metal work but at least there's pictures.
Free advice is worth exactly what you payed for it.
Greg
Thanks given by:
Amazing work Greg, those are stunning. I love the colour and grain in that wood.

Shawn
Shawn, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Nov 2013.
Exactly what Shawn said.
Hunting American dentists since 2015.