Todays Project - What did you do today?
I went to a yard sale the other day , turns out the ladies husband had passed away and left her in the lurch (insurance wise) so she was selling all his tools and toys cheap . "Fair warning gents " Mine has already made her feelings clear on this subject.
Anyway here is one of the set of shell mills I bought for $20.00 , from 3/4" - 2" . But , theres always a but , no arbors , so now we are making arbors . It will require several sizes as each one fits two or three different mills . this is the first , hope you enjoy    
kenne, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Jun 2014.
Thanks given by:
Hard to be absolutely certain from the not-so-sharp photo but it's NOT a shell mill as far as I can tell, but rather a shell type reamer.
Thanks given by:
(06-17-2014, 07:36 PM)PixMan Wrote: Hard to be absolutely certain from the not-so-sharp photo but it's NOT a shell mill as far as I can tell, but rather a shell type reamer.

Actually you are right , once again it's the wrong photo ,the shell mills are in the same box and I am working my way through them . The reamers are also in there and are from 1" -2" also .
Thanks given by:
Kenne,
I hope you help her get a fair price for her husbands tools and toys.
It is the right thing to do Thumbsup
Smiley-eatdrink004
DaveH
Thanks given by:
Definitely not much to brag about but I started making a new gib lock for the cross slide. My lathe came with a butterfly screw which pressed directly against the gib to lock the cross slide. I put a small ball bearing in so the screw pushes that against the gib. Now I'm making a proper lock by machining a piece of brass rod. So far I've just got it turned to diameter. I still need to put the work piece in a 5C collet and mill the end to 60 degrees to bear against the gib. I'm feeling lazy tonight so I'll save that for another time.

Ed

Thanks given by:
(06-18-2014, 12:07 PM)DaveH Wrote: Kenne,
I hope you help her get a fair price for her husbands tools and toys.
It is the right thing to do Thumbsup
Smiley-eatdrink004
DaveH

In the end it cost me about $600.00 to get out of there with all of the tooling and a few other things like a nice magnetic base and few things that I will have to yard sale to get rid of , drill press' and such that I didn't need . I think she will make about 30k by the time she is done .
He had several cars that were worth some money ...
Thanks given by:
Well done Ken,
I hate to see someone who doesn't know Jack from Jill getting screwed.
Smiley-eatdrink004
DaveH
Thanks given by:
As I realize the time will come for all of us , when things come up and we (yard saleing) buddies hear about it first , we try to help out . One day it will be our wives , "who have put up with our need to have every tool known to man", that have to sort out the crap and sell it to cover things that we didn't think about .
We usually try to help them price things they can't figure out and even occasionally stay and sell stuff for them . A lot of the time in this area most of the good machinists know and work together on jobs . Spread the work load , everyone eats steady, that sort of thing .
While I am doing this , it occurs to me I need to update the list of tools and value for the wife , that way she doesn't have to rely on someone else to do it for her.
Having said that , another one is coming up next month outside of Vegas , heavy stuff , like a Cadillac Lathe , CNC mills, Lathes, etc . I will post some of it if anyone is interested . My budget is shot for the next few months , so I won't be buying much.
Thanks given by:
(06-19-2014, 04:47 PM)kenne Wrote: ...
While I am doing this , it occurs to me I need to update the list of tools and value for the wife , that way she doesn't have to rely on someone else to do it for her.

This should help kenne.

http://www.metalworkingfun.com/showthrea...t=database

Ed
Thanks given by: kenne
I wish that database was a simple MS-Excel spreadsheet because I don't have MS-Access on my PC as part of the MS-Office 2010 package I got with the computer.

Oh well. :(
Thanks given by: