Todays Project - What did you do today?
That definitely adds something to the looks of the truck. I like it!

Ed
Thanks given by:
(07-14-2014, 06:11 AM)Mayhem Wrote: I'd go with the welding shop too Ken. Of all the skills my Dad taught me, I think welding has to be right up the top, if not the top. I'd be lost without my welder.

Could not agree more Darren , the ability to stick bits of metal is a must for any shop , and those that dont weld are really really missing out .

(07-14-2014, 07:49 AM)awemawson Wrote: Hey Rob, I bet those through coolant drills came from a long forgotten boot sale :) They are hugely expensive to buy

Hi Andrew
Mmmm Chin dont think there from a car boot sale ,I think they were just given to me 17428 how expensive ??? Big Grin

Yer Dave bashing hot steel Big Grin

Rob
Thanks given by:
Very nice Tom, saw it applied on a car show, looks really interesting.
Good post, nice break from all this metal stuff.
Free advice is worth exactly what you payed for it.
Greg
Thanks given by:
(07-14-2014, 02:04 PM)f350ca Wrote: Very nice Tom, saw it applied on a car show, looks really interesting.
Good post, nice break from all this metal stuff.

Thanks Greg.

The technique is fascinating. When you squeegee the stuff down, it looks just like paint. I can see wrapping an entire car somewhere in my future. Maybe the wife's when she isn't looking. Chin

Tom
[Image: TomsTechLogo-Profile.png]
Thanks given by:
Tom,
Looks good Thumbsup
If you have too, how easy is it to get off?
Smiley-eatdrink004
DaveH
Thanks given by:
Thanks Dave.

It sticks pretty well, but I did remove and reposition some of the pieces without damaging them. Not sure what it'll be like after it's been on for a few years.

Tom
Thanks given by:
(07-14-2014, 12:49 PM)RobWilson. Wrote: Could not agree more Darren , the ability to stick bits of metal is a must for any shop , and those that dont weld are really really missing out .

(07-14-2014, 07:49 AM)awemawson Wrote: Hey Rob, I bet those through coolant drills came from a long forgotten boot sale :) They are hugely expensive to buy

Hi Andrew
Mmmm Chin dont think there from a car boot sale ,I think they were just given to me 17428 how expensive ??? Big Grin

Rob

I got some once with a CNC mill I bought - obviously in the wrong tool drawer and far too big for my mill or lathe. I put them on ebay and was amazed at the activity and the price they fetched

Edited to fix quote tag (Mayhem)
Andrew Mawson, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Oct 2013.
Thanks given by:
Tom the truck is just too clean to be a truck. My son teases me about my truck only getting washed when it rains. Hey, saves on water and no one messes with it. :)

In your photo's.... I noticed the Red Chevy Truck.... patina is just about right. :)

Tom
roundrocktom, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Mar 2014.
Thanks given by:
Yeah, it's new. I'm sure the novelty will wear off eventually.

The red truck is a 1965 Chevy C10 that my son and I hauled up from Ohio last weekend. My brother in law mentioned that he's always wanted a vintage pick-up to drive around up north so we found him one. It's mechanically solid but needs some tlc in the bodywork department. It takes years to develop patina of that quality. Thumbsup

Tom
Thanks given by:
made a bunch of chips to find this part hiding in a hunk of 2 X 4 inch 1018 cold roll
used the black cast iron on as a pattern, rod eye for the lift cylinder on a tractor front end loader. don't think mine will break as easy as the cast iron one did.
[Image: 100_1506.jpg]

DA
dallen, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Apr 2012.

If life seems normal, your not going fast enough! Tongue
Thanks given by: