Todays Project - What did you do today?
still working on the highwall, filling in some of the holes.

[Image: 2014-10-11092309.jpg]
dallen, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Apr 2012.

If life seems normal, your not going fast enough! Tongue
Thanks given by:
Not much but glued some wood strips on the bottom of my lathe way ding guard. They help to keep the wood from moving around when I'm removing/installing a chuck. It's something I've been meaning to do for a long time now.

Ed

Thanks given by:
(10-11-2014, 07:55 PM)EdK Wrote: Not much but glued some wood strips on the bottom of my lathe way ding guard. They help to keep the wood from moving around when I'm removing/installing a chuck. It's something I've been meaning to do for a long time now.

Ed

I find two grizzly catalogs to be just the right height when I have to take the 8 inch chuck off

DA

Thanks given by:
still making little parts for the 1885
[Image: nainspring.gif]

Thanks given by:
Started on the walls.

[Image: IMG_1451.jpg]
Free advice is worth exactly what you payed for it.
Greg
Thanks given by:
Looks to be a very handy shed.

Hard to be sure on the photo, but is there much overhang of the roof sheeting beyond the fascia boards? Here conventionally we'd shoot the sheeting half the gutter width past the fascia to keep water off the fascia boards.
Andrew Mawson, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Oct 2013.
Thanks given by:
Down here in "the land of you can't get that here" they don't (or didn't used to) run the roof sheathing very far past the fascia boards.
My shop and garage roofs tend to drip between the fascia and gutters. 17428
Busy Bee 12-36 lathe, Busy Bee Mill drill, Busy Bee 4x6 bandsaw, Homemade 9x17 bandsaw, Ad infinitum.
Thanks given by:
There's about 3/4 inch overhang on them, anymore and I find a ladder bends the material when you need to get up on the roof. Im finding the new asphalt shingles tend to wick water back with that much overhang. Had to put sheet metal strips under the edge of the shingles to get the water off the facia.
Greg
Thanks given by:
Have most of the siding on now, still need to do the gable ends and some battens. Be glad to finish, its getting cold for this sort of work, time to light the boiler and move into the shop.

[Image: IMG_1457.jpg]

[Image: IMG_1455.jpg]
Greg
Thanks given by:
nice shed.

DA

Thanks given by: