Todays Project - What did you do today?
I've cut 1/4" steel with mine, but it was not easy.

The roller saw guides I installed made a huge difference. I still need to build a fence for mine.
Thanks given by:
The bandsaw looks terrific Greg. I think you've mentioned in previous posts what type of paint you use for your machines; is it urethane?
Lathe (n); a machine tool used in the production of milling machine components.

Milling Machine (n); a machine tool used in the production of lathe components.
Thanks given by:
Thanks Pete,
I used urethane on the shaper and lathe, this was an enamel with hardener.
Free advice is worth exactly what you payed for it.
Greg
Thanks given by:
Good work!
Thanks given by: f350ca
Nice work Greg, Thumbsup  looks great Smiley-signs107 
Smiley-eatdrink004 
DaveH
 a child of the 60's and 50's and a bit of the 40's Smile
Thanks given by: f350ca
The inspector looks bored, but content.

Ed
Thanks given by:
Wiped  bearings on a  pump shaft hub  used on a wave solder machine.  Need to a R &R . This is for a the smitten LEAD  machine they  put in back of  my house ( at work) that ya;ll know  that i  dont like hate .. one of reasons im leaving ..long story.. However cuz im a nice guy and love fixing stuff i consider it a challenge and something to do other than the  Mickey mouse stuff  we do here .
yup last day of fun...
wna hear sumthin fuinny  Told em for last 6 months that greasing it  would be a good idea..lol..
got em a brand new grease gun with high temp grease.. ya think they used it ..lol.. nope  lol... yesterday all siezed up pump shaft collar all loaded up with smuttz
shaft was welded to the bushing , collar and bearing hub wuith bearing assembly..  well lets say a mess to find what was what when disassembling ...   got myself a lil project last 2 days been fun fixing and rearing with broken machines iits funny to say id be  more equpt to do this job at home  .. ya fix this to fix that ...   a days pay a days pay no?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:
Hey guys too tired last night , to post pics of finished job ..but goter done. Complete R&R of Bering , shaft and pump housing assembly . The smitten dirty old lead monster is up an running.
sent a text to the boss last night on my way home....
Couple of brownie points before I go , guess Its nice to finish well .
Ps shh... he don't know im leaving yet

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:
I made a dresser for my surface grinder.  Now I just need to find some wheels over here...

Hunting American dentists since 2015.
Thanks given by:
Careful you don't put an eye out with that thing. Big Grin
Willie
Thanks given by: