Todays Project - What did you do today?
When I was at school there was quite a bit of raising cane, and I seemed to be on the receiving end, usually deservedly !
Andrew Mawson, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Oct 2013.
Thanks given by:
I finished up two more of the bins. The last one to be made will fill up the empty space and will hold my stash of acetal, nylon and other plastic stock.
I finally got around to removing the bits and pieces that prevent you from opening the drawers of the tool chest while the lid is closed.

Ed

Thanks given by:
We had a storm here Thursday night, but my neighbour/friend had a micro burst hit his cottage and the one beside. He survived as did the cottage but it looked like a war zone. Big white pine up rooted or snapped off. These are the logs we hauled off his lot today. May be as many more from his neighbour when they get them out of the river.
[Image: 6B7_SkVl5A2O9KFzJTkh-zZre3ZGPvLlbsixhXqO...2-h1276-no]
The two to the right I hauled in this week, they're 24 inch dia.
On top of the logs his son worked said he had some tooling he didn't use so he brought me a care package. All new mostly carbide. The centre drills are carbide as is the large file. He says it has no trouble cutting a bearing race.

[Image: nKCT9X2y35_HvEbTdbhhiWbTkJdzvN6wYtIcEvTM...2-h1276-no]
Free advice is worth exactly what you payed for it.
Greg
Thanks given by:
Nice score Greg You Suck
Hunting American dentists since 2015.
Thanks given by: f350ca
A windfall, so to speak.
Lathe (n); a machine tool used in the production of milling machine components.

Milling Machine (n); a machine tool used in the production of lathe components.
Thanks given by:
Spent another day on the barn project. It took me, my son and a neighbor with a tractor a full day to remove ten foot of the stone wall. Some of the stones in there were over 500 pounds. It gives you a healthy appreciation for what man and horsepower was capable of 130 years ago. Building the forms and pouring the footing come next.

Tom

[Image: Resized952017051895173320.jpg]
[Image: TomsTechLogo-Profile.png]
Thanks given by:
Wow Tom - I didn't realise just how strong you were Big Grin How long do you think you can hold it up until your arm begins to ache?
Hunting American dentists since 2015.
Thanks given by:
Prolly a long time, he doesn't look to be stressing at all.
Logan 200, Index 40H Mill, Boyer-Shultz 612 Surface Grinder, HF 4x6 Bandsaw, a shear with no name, ...
the nobucks boutique etsy shop  |  the nobucks boutique
Thanks given by:
Actually I was using my hard head, so the sky's the limit. :)
[Image: TomsTechLogo-Profile.png]
Thanks given by:
Here's what some of the logs that come into the yard leave as. Building this counter from white ash I quarter sawed from a tree that went down in another storm.

[Image: E6PbR-IBVH20zJ-jtBx-C0ywG4iBQ7Ws8i6dMdyv...2-h1276-no]
Free advice is worth exactly what you payed for it.
Greg
Thanks given by: